Ortho question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

orthogrl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I am just a pre-dent, and I know this is a long shot, but I have a question. I have a class II div 1 subdivision left malocclusion. My mandibular dental midline is about half-a-tooth to the left. I have a CO/CR discrepancy, anterior and to the left. ICP is the UR4, some equilibration has been done but I don't think it has helped. I do have some mild mandibular asymmetry to the left, which I think is a result of the untreated functional shift. I am currently in ortho, the level and align is complete and I am now in class II elastics bilaterally. Does anybody think I should be wearing class III elastics on the right and class II on the left to try and shift the mandibular midline back to the center and correct the class II on the left?? If so, will this warp the maxillary arch and/or disrupt the maxillary midline? I know the bite probably won't be fully corrected due to the mandibular asymmetry, but any input is welcome. Oh BTW I do work for an orthodontist but I don't want to ask him as he is very preoccupied right now, and I don't want to over-step my bounds.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.