Optometry school chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eyeguy1997

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just wanted other opinions to see if I would get accepted into ANY optometry school. Preferably PCO, NECO, SUNY or NOVA.

So my story is that I was accepted into a 3+4 program with Salus University and my current college. I believed I would be attending PCO this year however, they rejected me after my interview. This was obvioualy very discouraging. I talked with my OD and did a lot of research after my rejection, and it seems that in order to be accepted to these programs you need extremely high OAT and GPA.

So my question is how do my stats line up for this upcoming cycle, when I would be applying as a regular 4 year degree student. I would also apply as early as possible since im already verified on OptomCas.
GPA 3.33
OAT AA was 300 but TS was only 260. I scored 380 on RC and 360 on QR. To be honest I did not take the OAT seriously and barely studied. However, I am taking the OAT again and studying much harder.
I know my LoR and personal statements are going to be fine.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The 260 TS is very low and I doubt you will get very many acceptances. Improve your OAT scores and you should have a shot.

The 260 TS is very low and I doubt you will get very many acceptances. Improve your OAT scores and you should have a shot.

Thats why I plan on retaking the OAT, and with proper studying I do believe I can score between 330-350 AA. I was just wondering about other peoples experiences with 3+4 programs as well as my chances with an improved score