Operations Success

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

as20gp

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I interviewed at Downstate yesterday and my interviewer mentioned a program called "Operations Success" which seems like a program similar to that of Howard's PARP program...does any one know anything about it? Apparently it is through the Office of Minority Affairs but I cannot find it on their website and could only find it in one other thread on sdn. I'd love to know more!

Thanks,
a

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Everyone,
I interviewed at Downstate yesterday and my interviewer mentioned a program called "Operations Success" which seems like a program similar to that of Howard's PARP program...does any one know anything about it? Apparently it is through the Office of Minority Affairs but I cannot find it on their website and could only find it in one other thread on sdn. I'd love to know more!

Thanks,
a

I don't know Operations Success per se but if it is a pre-matriculation program like Howard's PARP, jump on it with gusto. Pre-matric programs give you a huge advantage with the adjustment to medical school. Making this adjustment is difficult, even for the best undergrads and grads, but pre-matric programs give you study strategies and excellent coaching which can lead to a high degree of success in the regular term.

While P = MD, performance at a high level in medical school means that YOU control your fate when residency time rolls around. This is the best of all worlds. Pre-matric programs coupled with some steady and disciplined work on your part can place you at the top of the class (and AOA) which is a wonderful position to find yourself in. In short, attend if you are offered this opportunity and it is feasible for you.