Oms Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Been getting them like crazy, but all mine had "application completed" checked. There were a couple that were suprises like Indiana. According to PASS information, they didn't need anything and then you receive that PASS card, Indiana required everything (official NBDE score report, official transcripts, 3 letters sent directly, etc.). What a bunch of BS! Why couldn't Indiana OMFS update that to the PASS people?

There was another place like that I had to deal with, I forgot which one. But yes, I've been receiving these PASS application update cards for awhile now.

Are you kidding.
It takes me two weeks to order transcripts from my school. what the hell is indiana thinking.
What else do they need andy apart from pass, since it is next to impossible to get hold of them

Members don't see this ad :)
shariq said:
Are you kidding.
It takes me two weeks to order transcripts from my school. what the hell is indiana thinking.
What else do they need andy apart from pass, since it is next to impossible to get hold of them
According to IU OMFS's website, the following items are required:

The following material should be included with the application.

Official college transcript from all previous colleges or universities
Three letters of recommendation. One must be from the Dean of your dental school and if available provide your class standing. The two other letters should be from full-time dental school faculty members. One of the letters should be from a full time oral and maxillofacial surgery faculty.
A small photograph (2” x 2”)
National Dental Board Scores
Details of externship or research
Application deadline: October 15

Interview schedule: Candidates selected for interview will be notified by October 31. Interviews are scheduled on at least two dates for the convenience of interviewees. We typically request that candidates arrive the evening before the interview so that they may participate in an informal dinner with our current residents.

Website: http://www.iusd.iupui.edu/depts/oshd/osr/application_process.htm

Yah-E said:
There were a couple that were suprises like Indiana. According to PASS information, they didn't need anything and then you receive that PASS card, Indiana required everything (official NBDE score report, official transcripts, 3 letters sent directly, etc.). What a bunch of BS! Why couldn't Indiana OMFS update that to the PASS people?
Hmmm. I believe that this is why everyone recommended that you call each program that you apply to and ask what they require. This statement reminds me of what I have to hear from stupid, irresponsible patients every day--that nothing is their fault. How about taking a little personal responsibility for your lack of initiative rather than blaming a school for not sending all their requirements to PASS. I guess that we can call you "Mr. Proactive".

OMFSCardsFan said:
Hmmm. I believe that this is why everyone recommended that you call each program that you apply to and ask what they require. This statement reminds me of what I have to hear from stupid, irresponsible patients every day--that nothing is their fault. How about taking a little personal responsibility for your lack of initiative rather than blaming a school for not sending all their requirements to PASS. I guess that we can call you "Mr. Proactive".

Nope sticking to it, it's the school's fault. :smuggrin:

I agree with Yah-E. Cards fan is a ******. :laugh: