**Official 2024 OMFS PASS/Interviews/Match/Non-Match**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrIrrelevant

TheLongshot
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's make it happen

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Taking it in Feb. Did you think it was similar and should I save the NBMEs sooner to test date?
Yeah that would be a good idea. There were at least 6-7 repeat questions on yesterday's exam. Overall pretty similar to the practice NBME's

Scores are in! Hope y’all killed it and can resume hanging out with other humans

Do all programs offer a PGY stipend? I noticed on PASS it said some programs (Christiana, Harlem) say they do not have a stipend.
Also, where do we find the supplemental applications that some programs say that they have?
Also also did y'all upload official UG (not predoc I'm talking college) transcripts to pass or just unofficial ones?

Last edited:
Do all programs offer a PGY stipend? I noticed on PASS it said some programs (Christiana, Harlem) say they do not have a stipend.
Also, where do we find the supplemental applications that some programs say that they have?
Also also did y'all upload official UG (not predoc I'm talking college) transcripts to pass or just unofficial ones?
Christiana has their stipends on their website. I haven’t heard of any programs that don’t pay you (not counting during med school). If they exist though I wouldn’t apply to them. Unpaid OMFS residency isn’t a precedent we want to establish

Reactions: 2 users
Out of curiosity, anyone know avg score of acceptance for 4 year vs 6 year with the new EPC?

Anyone know if we have to do secondaries (essays) for applying to 6 year programs? If it matters I'm applying to

UCLA
Vanderbilt
UPenn
Mt. Sinai
NY Presbyterian
NYU
Zucker
King's County

can someone help me convert EPC to old 2 digit score to old 3 digit score?

Attachments

• CBSE Score 3-Digit Conversion.png
    CBSE Score 3-Digit Conversion.png
    255.1 KB · Views: 320
  • CBSE EPC Score Conversion Table.png
    CBSE EPC Score Conversion Table.png
    1,017.3 KB · Views: 286
Does anyone have insight on whether the INDBE score report is an absolute requirement for an application to be considered, and if so which of the programs you know require an INDBE score report?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have insight on whether the INDBE score report is an absolute requirement for an application to be considered, and if so which of the programs you know require an INDBE score report?

I emailed a few programs and was told it doesn't matter.

If anyone can find out any programs where it does, please post them

1. Henry Ford Hospital: In-Person - 10/19 & 10/20 - Email 8/15

Follow up: is it worth delaying apps closer to their respective deadlines to wait for INBDE results ? Or should I just send all mine out ASAP if the only thing I'm waiting for on some apps with October deadlines is my INBDE results

Follow up: is it worth delaying apps closer to their respective deadlines to wait for INBDE results ? Or should I just send all mine out ASAP if the only thing I'm waiting for on some apps with October deadlines is my INBDE results
I personally sent my applications out prior to receiving my INBDE results - I have not encountered any issues & many programs have confirmed they have received my completed application.

can someone give me some advice? Got a 62 EPC, I have done 1 noncat and this year is my 2nd noncat. Applying broadly to 4 years, should I consider also restudying for Feb exam?

can someone give me some advice? Got a 62 EPC, I have done 1 noncat and this year is my 2nd noncat. Applying broadly to 4 years, should I consider also restudying for Feb exam?
As painful as it is to restudy and take it again, I think you should. The score is a little low, unfortunately. Best of luck.

Anyone know if medstar supplemental app essay is supposed to just be our regular personal statement? or something specific to them?

Does anyone know if there are 4 year programs that allow you to moonlight? I know most 6's let you moonlight during med school

Does anyone know if there are 4 year programs that allow you to moonlight? I know most 6's let you moonlight during med school
Most programs in general do not let you moonlight. Some residents will do it anyway and keep it hush hush, but if you're caught, you are in deep ****.

At Baylor we are allowed to moonlight. In addition, we now get paid a stipend of $4,300/month during med school (~52k/year). $4,300/month + moonlight $$ = a pretty good chunk of change you can make during med school.

Most programs in general do not let you moonlight. Some residents will do it anyway and keep it hush hush, but if you're caught, you are in deep ****.

At Baylor we are allowed to moonlight. In addition, we now get paid a stipend of $4,300/month during med school (~52k/year). $4,300/month + moonlight $$ = a pretty good chunk of change you can make during med school.

You pay med school tuition right? Also do you have to take call during school?

You pay med school tuition right? Also do you have to take call during school?
We pay $20k/year for med school. It’s a bit cheaper if you’re in state - around $18k/year. We do not take call during med school so any free time you have you can spend doing whatever you want.

Last edited:
I highly suggest you read my post if you’re applying

My post goes over one consideration when applying to programs / making rank lists that is vastly overlooked

There is no better dentoalveolar training in residency than moonlighting and seeing 20-30 patients in a day and doing wizzies, implants, full mouths and supplementing your income with 50-100k extra income a year. No training within a program can top this. Louisville and UAB officially let you moonlight. They let you do it for 5 years of residency after intern year.

Reactions: 1 users
Or you could go to a 4 year program, get out two years earlier and make way more than 50-100k… 🤯

Reactions: 5 users
Or you could do a 6 year at those and some other programs and get medically trained better, trained more months on service with more cases, make decent money and graduate with better than most of the grads in the country, have the opportunity to pursue the top fellowships and basically have your doors open for anything you want to do, oh and not mention have a vast network of successful alumni you can hop on 😘

But hey with your reasoning why not just do periodontics. 3 years and make more money

Or you could do a 6 year at those and some other programs and get medically trained better, trained more months on service with more cases, make decent money and graduate with better than most of the grads in the country, have the opportunity to pursue the top fellowships and basically have your doors open for anything you want to do, oh and not mention have a vast network of successful alumni you can hop on

But hey with your reasoning why not just do periodontics. 3 years and make more money

Perio = making more money? Have my doubts for some reason

Or you could do a 6 year at those and some other programs and get medically trained better, trained more months on service with more cases, make decent money and graduate with better than most of the grads in the country, have the opportunity to pursue the top fellowships and basically have your doors open for anything you want to do, oh and not mention have a vast network of successful alumni you can hop on 😘

Cool story bro. Anyways, see you in private practice!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Lol learning all that vast medical knowledge when you are trying to spend as much time as possible moonlighting. Sounds like you are really soaking up the knowledge in medical school. You got me there though I’ve never met a successful 4 year graduate. Always incapable and such a tiny network to connect with… 😗

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Or you could do a 6 year at those and some other programs and get medically trained better, trained more months on service with more cases, make decent money and graduate with better than most of the grads in the country, have the opportunity to pursue the top fellowships and basically have your doors open for anything you want to do, oh and not mention have a vast network of successful alumni you can hop on

You must be fun at parties…

2. Case Western: In-Person- 10/6 & 11/3- Email 9/6

3. UAB: In-Person- 10/16 & 10/30 - Email 9/7

3. UAB: In-Person- 10/16 & 10/30 - Email 9/7

Oh man... UAB deadline is 10/1 tho.... does this mean if we haven't submitted it's game over? :oops:

• Hmm
Hey everyone! Applying next cycle but was hoping to get some clarification on something. I have heard that some NY based programs require you to complete a PGY1 (GPR) prior to applying, or if you are applying from out of state having received dental licensure outside of NY (like myself) that might pose a problem as well. Any insight on this would be much appreciated. Thanks and good luck this interview season!

Hey everyone! Applying next cycle but was hoping to get some clarification on something. I have heard that some NY based programs require you to complete a PGY1 (GPR) prior to applying, or if you are applying from out of state having received dental licensure outside of NY (like myself) that might pose a problem as well. Any insight on this would be much appreciated. Thanks and good luck this interview season!
You only need to do a GPR if you are applying for a non-cat position in NYS, since those positions are technically PGY2 GPR spots for the purposes of GME funding.

3. UAB: In-Person- 10/16 & 10/30 - Email 9/7, 9/8

4 vs 6 both have pros and cons but the arguments in here are not valid
4 year programs objectively have more months on service. More continuous OMFS training vs leaving for 3 years on rotations and to retract on gen surg.
No relevance to "graduate with better than most of the grads in the country"
4 and 6 both pursue "top fellowships". Reminder 90% of grads go into private practice.
As a board certified OMFS period, you have "your doors open for anything you want to do, oh and not mention have a vast network of successful alumni you can hop on"

4 vs 6 both have pros and cons but the arguments in here are not valid
4 year programs objectively have more months on service. More continuous OMFS training vs leaving for 3 years on rotations and to retract on gen surg.
No relevance to "graduate with better than most of the grads in the country"
4 and 6 both pursue "top fellowships". Reminder 90% of grads go into private practice.
As a board certified OMFS period, you have "your doors open for anything you want to do, oh and not mention have a vast network of successful alumni you can hop on"
These arguments are always so silly…by the way, the 6 year program I’m in has 40 months of service…I’m thinking that might actually be more service than 4 year programs ; ) Perhaps we all should leave this thread for its intended purpose…I’m sure everyone waiting to hear about interview dates/times are all a bit anxious right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
These arguments are always so silly…by the way, the 6 year program I’m in has 40 months of service…I’m thinking that might actually be more service than 4 year programs ; ) Perhaps we all should leave this thread for its intended purpose…I’m sure everyone waiting to hear about interview dates/times are all a bit anxious right now.
Hmmm. If you have 40 months of service in 6 years, wouldn't a 4 year resident that has 36-40 months of service have nearly 1.5 to 2 more years of training than you do in the same 6 years?

4. Indiana: In-Person - 11/3 & 11/6 - Phone 9/10

4. Indiana: In-Person - 11/3 & 11/6 - Phone 9/10

My apologies for the question; did you receive a call from Indiana today at noon? Thank you so much!

Is anyone applying and simultaneously re studying for CBSE? What a miserable process lol

Reactions: 3 users