OBGyn Conferences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iowa08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for conferences to go to? My program gives us up to a week off to go to a conference and I am having trouble picking one that fits with my schedule for next year.

I went to the Contraceptive Technology conference this year (loved it), and am looking at the AAGL conference or the ASCCP Colpo course for next year. Does anyone have any comments on those or other recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I've never gone to AAGL myself, but I've heard good things about it. The Annual Clinical Meeting (aka ACOG) is always a good bet. My favorites have been APGO/CREOG and SMFM. Depends on where your interests lie.

I'm currently a first year medical student and was wondering if there were any conference that anyone could recommend for 1st and 2nd year medical students to go to next year? I'm currently the treasurer for the Women's Health club at our campus and we're looking to find a conference that's good for students.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're a medical student, aim for the ACOG annual meeting as they have several items aimed at medical students, and the topics of discussion are geared toward general OB/GYN and not necessarily the sub-specialties.

If you're a resident interested in MFM, go to SMFM; REI, go to ASRM, ONC, go to SGO, and UroGyn, go to AUGS. The other conferences, such as AAGL and APGO/CREOG are great as well depending on your interests.

Good luck!

If you're a medical student, aim for the ACOG annual meeting as they have several items aimed at medical students, and the topics of discussion are geared toward general OB/GYN and not necessarily the sub-specialties.

If you're a resident interested in MFM, go to SMFM; REI, go to ASRM, ONC, go to SGO, and UroGyn, go to AUGS. The other conferences, such as AAGL and APGO/CREOG are great as well depending on your interests.

Good luck!

Totally agree ABOG test takers can find much at ACOG conference
Next one is May 2-6 2015 in San Francisco CA
http://www.acog.org/About-ACOG/ACOG-Departments/Annual-Meeting

Osteopathic physicians and AOBOG test takers at ACOOG conference
Next one April 12-17, 2015 in San Diego, CA
http://www.acoog.org/

I'm currently debating whether or not I should go to the ACOG conference this year (even if only for the excuse to visit San Francisco). Does anyone know which sessions would be best for incoming interns?

I'm currently debating whether or not I should go to the ACOG conference this year (even if only for the excuse to visit San Francisco). Does anyone know which sessions would be best for incoming interns?

There are sessions specifically targeted at students. As you've already matched (congrats!!) the most helpful would probably be "Step Up to Residency" taking place on Monday (morning and afternoon), and the Sunday afternoon lecture on "Ob/Gyn as a career." Other than that, the Stump the Professors event on Tuesday morning would be fun. Take time to browse through the poster session and hear some oral presentations, to get an idea of just how many avenues of research are out there. If you're going to be paying your registration cost yourself, I wouldn't worry about doing the courses or seminars that cost extra.

Reactions: 1 user