OAT test center

Pastel

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I've been studying for the OAT but havent registered to take an examination yet (I should soon). Where can I take the exam? I'm from Northern California. I hope its not out of state; I suppose it's quicker to ask here than to research online. When is the last day I can register for an OAT examination while applying for the schools this coming months? Sorry for asking such lame, easy questions.

Members don't see this ad.

Pastel said:
Hi I've been studying for the OAT but havent registered to take an examination yet (I should soon). Where can I take the exam? I'm from Northern California. I hope its not out of state; I suppose it's quicker to ask here than to research online. When is the last day I can register for an OAT examination while applying for the schools this coming months? Sorry for asking such lame, easy questions.

go to www.opted.org You can find all the info that you need there and can register for the test too if you like. If you go the the "online registration for the OAT" section, there is link to the examinee guide; you can download it and it will give you all of the information including the test centres. The last written test is on October 15....otherwise you'll have to take the computerized test.

Does anyone know if there are other testing centres in Ontario for the written OAT? or is Waterloo the only one? (I know that the computerized test has many). Thanks! :)

cansnowflake said:
Does anyone know if there are other testing centres in Ontario for the written OAT? or is Waterloo the only one? (I know that the computerized test has many). Thanks! :)

Nope, Waterloo is not the only one. Most provinces have at least one test center. If applying online for the written test, it shows you a list of the test centers on the registration form. Which province are you from??? I'm a Saskatchewanian myself... :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am from Ontario, and where to take the test was one of the deciding factors in whether I do computer or written. If there is a computer test centre close to me but I have to drive for a while on test day for the written one then I will opt for computerized. (I want to sleep in my own bed the night before!)

cansnowflake said:
I am from Ontario, and where to take the test was one of the deciding factors in whether I do computer or written. If there is a computer test centre close to me but I have to drive for a while on test day for the written one then I will opt for computerized. (I want to sleep in my own bed the night before!)

It would suck to be stuck in the car all day on the day of your test! I take my OAT on August 13....I was supposed to do it in Saskatoon but my time got messed up and they couldn't get me in until October...so now I decided to drive 8 hours do it in Edmonton (the day before the test, thankfully:). Good luck on your OAT!!

Wow that is a long haul!!! I am not planning on writing mine until October so I still have some time to decide. Let me know how the computerized one goes.
Good luck!!!

cansnowflake said:
Wow that is a long haul!!! I am not planning on writing mine until October so I still have some time to decide. Let me know how the computerized one goes.
Good luck!!!

Thanks!! I'll definitely let you know how it goes!!