OAT Study Plan

afalastin

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am planning to take the OAT early August but I haven't really started studying yet. I am having difficulty coming up with a plan on how to study for the OAT. I want to break down what to do each day up until the day of the exam - basically make a schedule and stick to it. For those who have taken the OAT and can share their study schedules with me, that would be greatly appreciated! I plan on using DAT Bootcamp to study along with Orgoman notes. If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think your study schedule and what sections to start studying first will depend on what you already know. For me, my study schedule was from late August until mid December and I studied all weekdays for about 5-8 hours a day with weekends as breaks. Left the last week prior to my exam doing practice tests. I had the Kaplan book so I just started from the first section and went on from there. I also used Chad's videos at the same time also (didn't use his Bio videos). I tried to complete each subject in 2-3 weeks with practice and then move on to the next. Starting is the hard part but once you get a study rhythm going then studying for the exam isn't so bad! All I used to study was the Kaplan book and the two online practice exams, Chad's videos, DAT bootcamp (the free stuff only), Orgoman math youtube videos, a lot other youtube videos, and prior knowledge of some of the subjects.

I think your study schedule and what sections to start studying first will depend on what you already know. For me, my study schedule was from late August until mid December and I studied all weekdays for about 5-8 hours a day with weekends as breaks. Left the last week prior to my exam doing practice tests. I had the Kaplan book so I just started from the first section and went on from there. I also used Chad's videos at the same time also (didn't use his Bio videos). I tried to complete each subject in 2-3 weeks with practice and then move on to the next. Starting is the hard part but once you get a study rhythm going then studying for the exam isn't so bad! All I used to study was the Kaplan book and the two online practice exams, Chad's videos, DAT bootcamp (the free stuff only), Orgoman math youtube videos, a lot other youtube videos, and prior knowledge of some of the subjects.
Thank you so much, this was helpful!