OAT scores vs. Topscore scores vs. Kaplan Subject Test scores

tnn

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys can give me a comparision of the scores that you guys got when taking the topscore tests and kaplan subject test scores as opposed to your actual OAT score. I've heard that Kaplan and Topscore are supposedly much harder. True??

Members don't see this ad.

I hope Kaplan is harder.... I didn't do as well as I had hoped on their first diagnostic test, but then again they have a higher score guarantee, so they are not going to want to have many people score really, really high on it because they guarantee a higher score or your money back...

tnn said:
I was wondering if any of you guys can give me a comparision of the scores that you guys got when taking the topscore tests and kaplan subject test scores as opposed to your actual OAT score. I've heard that Kaplan and Topscore are supposedly much harder. True??

I did better on the real thing than on the practice tests except for in the reading comprehension section. I took some Topscore tests, and Took Kaplans MCAT course, which also took my MCAT from a 24-30. Kaplan rocks, but it's all about taking practice tests no matter who made them and then studying what you missed or weren't sure on, keep practicing.... by the way, I blew the top off of the DAT with those topscore DAT practice tests too, they're great!

DrGadgetSCO said:
I did better on the real thing than on the practice tests except for in the reading comprehension section. I took some Topscore tests, and Took Kaplans MCAT course, which also took my MCAT from a 24-30. Kaplan rocks, but it's all about taking practice tests no matter who made them and then studying what you missed or weren't sure on, keep practicing.... by the way, I blew the top off of the DAT with those topscore DAT practice tests too, they're great!

So you believe Kaplan makes their tests a bit more difficult than the real thing? I took a mid-term OAT test yesterday from them and did really well, except in the QR section. it seemed like this section was so much more difficult than it should have been.