OAT scores for admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rickmtz5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.. I'm a pre-optometry student with a 3.88 GPA, and I'm getting ready to take the OAT for the first time. I'm pretty nervous about it.. Is there a minimum score that you need to get? Has anyone gotten accepted with low OAT scores? Please share!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I got an overall 350 (390 in bio). SUNY is not happy if one of the scores gets below 300.

Hello everyone.. I'm a pre-optometry student with a 3.88 GPA, and I'm getting ready to take the OAT for the first time. I'm pretty nervous about it.. Is there a minimum score that you need to get? Has anyone gotten accepted with low OAT scores? Please share!! :)

If you have a 3.88 GPA undergrad then you should do very well rock the OAT. It is expected from you.

If you have a 3.88 GPA undergrad then you should have no problem doing very well on the OAT. You are expected to do well. With that GPA you should be accepted into every OD school even if you score little above average on the OAT. Side note, with that GPA you should be taking the MCAT and applying to Medical School. Do you realize or understand what you are getting into ? Optometry as a whole?