OAT Review

FLCBRUIN84

SCCO c/o 2012!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm currently taking the Kaplan review course and we're about halfway done with the course. I just want to know how people got the best out of it. Our teacher usually lets us out an hour early (so 2 hours class) and we just go through the lesson book. However, Kaplan expects you to review that 1000 page review book before every class which is like nearly impossible. Additionally you have to do all the Subject Tests and Workshops which I'm really behind in because there are so many of them. Please let me know what you did.. i'm scheduled to take the test in a MONTH and I feel sooooo unprepared (computerized!! August 20). Did you really read every page of the REVIEW book or did you just use it as a supplement for the smaller lesson book. Let me know please!!! My GPA is a 2.9 at UCLA as a bio major so i need to rock this test. THANKS GUYS!

FLC

Members don't see this ad.

FLCBRUIN84 said:
Hi Guys,

I'm currently taking the Kaplan review course and we're about halfway done with the course. I just want to know how people got the best out of it. Our teacher usually lets us out an hour early (so 2 hours class) and we just go through the lesson book. However, Kaplan expects you to review that 1000 page review book before every class which is like nearly impossible. Additionally you have to do all the Subject Tests and Workshops which I'm really behind in because there are so many of them. Please let me know what you did.. i'm scheduled to take the test in a MONTH and I feel sooooo unprepared (computerized!! August 20). Did you really read every page of the REVIEW book or did you just use it as a supplement for the smaller lesson book. Let me know please!!! My GPA is a 2.9 at UCLA as a bio major so i need to rock this test. THANKS GUYS!

FLC

I'm suprised he lets you out an hour early. I don't think I'd like that too much if I was paying for the class.

I agree with RLK...especially if the class is over $1000 (it was only $1000 when I took it, minus $500 scholarship through my school).

I wouldn't stress the OAT though. I have a 3.0 from UC San Diego, Bio major too...I got 350 Academic Average and 360 for Total Sci...I took Kaplan and never studied outside of class or look at that huge text...only diff was that our class was always a full 3 hours +....I think you'll do fine, esp. since our academic background are about the same.

Oh yeah, I think I did do one or two subject test for chem or ochem (i forgot)...i didn't finish--went home because I was hungry/tired...it usually is the case