NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

For those of you who got continued interest email, did you email them with updates or called them frequently?
I sent them a letter of intent and also updated them of changes to my application.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who got continued interest email, did you email them with updates or called them frequently?
I sent them 2 letters of intent. An email of my continued interest. Did you get a waitlist update form too? is this something everyone on the waitlist get?

Reactions: 1 user
I just received a waitlist update email, asking if I was still interested. One of the questions asks "Would you experience any logistical difficulty in attending NYU?" Why are they asking this? If I answer Yes, I would experience hardship trying to relocate or pay the $5,000, would they not continue to consider my application anymore?

I just received a waitlist update email, asking if I was still interested. One of the questions asks "Would you experience any logistical difficulty in attending NYU?" Why are they asking this? If I answer Yes, I would experience hardship trying to relocate or pay the $5,000, would they not continue to consider my application anymore?
Do I even have to tell you the obvious answer to that question?.... If you say yes, it means they would no longer consider you. They want people who are A) going to pay the 5000 deposit and B) be able to relocate without any issue

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who were on the waitlist and got accepted, did you do a virtual meeting with them? And if so what did you talk about?

For those of you who were on the waitlist and got accepted, did you do a virtual meeting with them? And if so what did you talk about?
I did and it was more like richard anchundia telling us what they want and us asking a few questions regarding the waitlist procedures

in what regards?
The curriculum is a disaster. Since they’re changing things around because of the INBDE, everyone is failing. My friend there just took a midterm where half the class failed with a C average. They don’t know what to do anymore.

• Inappropriate
  • Dislike
I’ll be withdrawing my acceptance. Good luck yall.

Reactions: 4 users
The curriculum is a disaster. Since they’re changing things around because of the INBDE, everyone is failing. My friend there just took a midterm where half the class failed with a C average. They don’t know what to do anymore.
Who is your friend because this is a lie. NYU professors help write the boards, and while no classes are getting A averages on tests, not one class had half the students fail. I say this as an NYU student with friends in every single year.

Here is an email from the one of the professors that created the INDBE for a class that ended roughly 1 month ago.

Temp.JPG

So where ya'll hearing that everyone is failing stuff from?

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Who is your friend because this is a lie. NYU professors help write the boards, and while no classes are getting A averages on tests, not one class had half the students fail. I say this as an NYU student with friends in every single year.

Here is an email from the one of the professors that created the INDBE for a class that ended roughly 1 month ago.

View attachment 335242

How much are they paying you to write this? 😅

• Dislike
Members don't see this ad :)
do you have any proof of ur claims? or are you a current student?
I guarantee you they are not a student there. They said that their friend just took a midterm where half the class failed. The professors always sends out the averages after a test and this could literally be disproven by any NYU student.

It really is such a stupid thing to lie about. If you don't got friends in NYU, why lie?

Also, we very literally have a class called "INDBE prep," which is very very literally just homework questions that are modeled after the INDBE. Both D1s and D2s have it because they are the ones who will be taking it. So again, whos the "friend," what is the curriculum change, and what classes are everyone failing due to said curriculum change?

SDN should always be taken with a grain of salt, if that. If you have concerns, reach out to actual students. It’s not that hard esp when there’s so many for this school.

Reactions: 2 users
I guarantee you they are not a student there. They said that their friend just took a midterm where half the class failed. The professors always sends out the averages after a test and this could literally be disproven by any NYU student.

It really is such a stupid thing to lie about. If you don't got friends in NYU, why lie?
Hello, can I message you? :)

Really sick of kids making up lies or even stretch the truth to make NYU seem like the worst school in the world with no redeeming qualities. As an incoming student, I definitely don’t appreciate this. I think everybody will have their own experiences at each school and every dental school will have it’s pros and cons. If NYU was such a bad school, they wouldn’t be able to produce 350+ dentists every year and at the end of the day that’s what’s matters.

Reactions: 12 users
feels like they haven't sent acceptances in a while or is it just me. anyone know when well hear back or if the class is full?
I talked to admissions yesterday and they said there are only a couple open spots but more will open as people get accepted to state schools from what I was told

Really sick of kids making up lies or even stretch the truth to make NYU seem like the worst school in the world with no redeeming qualities. As an incoming student, I definitely don’t appreciate this. I think everybody will have their own experiences at each school and every dental school will have it’s pros and cons. If NYU was such a bad school, they wouldn’t be able to produce 350+ dentists every year and at the end of the day that’s what’s matters.
Unfortunately this is how it’s gonna be. NYU does have some negative qualities like any dental school but the stuff you hear just blows your mind. Just because it’s one of the more famous ones with a high tuition and large class, people automatically assume it sucks and will spread lies or rumors.

Most of the lies are perpetuated by non NYU students too. Like people still think NYU fails the bottom 20% even when every NYU student has clarified that they don’t. When you are caught defending or clarifying, the accusers will use non sequitir arguments like “how can you defend them, they cost 700k!” Like, that wasn’t even what we were discussing...

Most NYU students end up avoiding SDN or even Reddit due to how much dumb crap they read, and that’s why you really don’t see anyone defending NYU anymore. I don’t really visit the other NYU bashing threads anymore either because I know it’s gonna be a clown fest. And because no one is speaking up, people think it’s true and proceed to make up even more egregious lies. If that person had made up that lie and posted it on another thread, I would not have seen it and called him out and you’ll soon have others saying stuff like “NYU half the class failing.”

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
NYU student here, happily attending. Can confirm that there was no disastrous exam where half of us failed LOL

Reactions: 3 users
Hey not to add fuel to the fire, but I know multiple people who went or currently go to nyu dental. They all share one sentiment: if u get into any other school to go there; I think that says a lot about the school. Fortunately I would be able to pay an nyu tuition, but idk how I can justify that huge lump sum of tuition for being surrounded by hundreds of people, although I did hear that students are broken up into groups of 25. Just my 2 cents, I'm p sure if I was in your position I'd defend the school just as much, but to each their own.
Okay well to dump water on whatever you're trying to say:

1. I was not defending the school, just simply stating a fact. Please don't put words in my mouth. Just because I go here doesn't mean I won't bash on the school, and at least I know the right things to bash on. Class size? I really think that's a lame argument. Get used to working with people, and get out of your comfort zone and talk to professors. But yeah "to each their own." Everyone has their own "right" decision. This one happened to be mine.

2. You should've told me you're going to (REDACTED), Mr. Smitty Werbenjagermanjenson. Congrats. Good luck. Pretty rude of you not to tell me.

3. There's different BS at every school. You'll see. Be prepared, keep your head down, work hard, and try to stay happy with the situation you're given. Just graduate and do your thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Okay well to dump water on whatever you're trying to say:

1. I was not defending the school, just simply stating a fact. Please don't put words in my mouth. Just because I go here doesn't mean I won't bash on the school, and at least I know the right things to bash on. Class size? I really think that's a lame argument. Get used to working with people, and get out of your comfort zone and talk to professors. But yeah "to each their own." Everyone has their own "right" decision. This one happened to be mine.

2. You should've told me you're going to Buffalo, Farhan. Congrats. Good luck. Pretty rude of you not to tell me.

3. There's different BS at every school. You'll see. Be prepared, keep your head down, work hard, and try to stay happy with the situation you're given. Just graduate and do your thing.

Well said bro! NYU graduates hundreds of dentists yearly and that speaks to the school itself. Ofc all schools got their pros and cons and it's about where you see yourself blooming at the end of the day! I haven't fully commit yet and apologies if I said anything offensive man!

Completely agree,

Yes, NYU does have administrative problems, but I know tons of people in my year at other schools, and they all complain about their school's administration. Saw the recent Tufts AMA? It was so bad that it got wiped. Saw the recent scandal with Stony brook? Yeah apparently they got tons of problems there too. And as for my own personal connections, I hear stuff about Stony, Rutgers, Touro, etc from current students and they are not as happy as they seem. That said, I don't go to their forums and start talking crap, and I really have no idea why people do that but it happens. NYU is just a common and easy target that people attack. Like are you really that unhappy with your school that you have to go to another school's forums to talk smack?

Incoming student here, has anyone heard whether we will be starting virtually in July or be having in person classes?

Completely off topic but do you take exams on your own personal device? In other words is a laptop necessary or can I use a tablet ? @DentGent13
You can take your exams on a laptop or tablet, but it must be a specific tablet with a front camera. The most popular ones we use are iPads.

Incoming student here, has anyone heard whether we will be starting virtually in July or be having in person classes?
It should be a mix of both, but it depends on the individual classes itself.

You can take your exams on a laptop or tablet, but it must be a specific tablet with a front camera. The most popular ones we use are iPads.

It should be a mix of both, but it depends on the individual classes itself.
Are the exams full of multiple choices or a mix of both multiple choices and short answers?

Are the exams full of multiple choices or a mix of both multiple choices and short answers?
A mix, but mostly multiple choice. Some short answers, and some fill in the blank.

anyone know if the class is full at this point? or when the waitlist will start to move?
You'll still have a chance but imo it's pretty low, I think it may move a couple dozen places. Be prepared to reapply, I would say.

they said they are going to make a decision within this week about July. But we will be in Person in the Fall.

current students! do you find your exams to be relatively easy in terms of knowing what you have to study/focus on when preparing? I know in undergrad we had no idea where the prof would get the questions from (textbook, articles, power point slides, etc.) so I was wondering if NYU dental is similar?

current students! do you find your exams to be relatively easy in terms of knowing what you have to study/focus on when preparing? I know in undergrad we had no idea where the prof would get the questions from (textbook, articles, power point slides, etc.) so I was wondering if NYU dental is similar?
The general consensus is to study for everything on the slides, and everything the professor says. Some professor like to drop hints at what WILL be on the exam like "pay attention to THIS PART!" but don't count on it to always happen. If you study the core material really well, you'll pass no problem. However, if you want an A, you need to really know every little detail because they like to put questions focusing on minute details. Some students use the textbooks for practice questions and it works, but not every class does this.

Got an email yesterday. Summer classes start from July 6 to Aug 13th virtually. After that, things go back to in person

this is such a naïve way to look at things... You are not their friend. NYU's admin is at the other spectrum on the friendly o'meter. This is true of ANY SCHOOL. You have no clue how this 501c/503c Hedge fund in disguise operates. I don't know if you are going to heed any warning, but this kind of attitude is problematic. You have to fear them like a mean boss. Head down, do not join any clubs or complain. Just take it. And, NYU is the worst school ever. They graduate 350 students because they take 400 students... They increase this by 5-10 percent ever year according to CODA's standards/rules. This is a racket...

If they want to dismiss a student they do not like, they will. This has been done many times. I have been on this forum to disclose this, and some bad mouth me and other's don't. DENTGen13 and I had some words back in the day. I have been in that place and screwed over by it only to do the most miraculous stuff to get out. I know this school has at least 5-6 pending lawsuits or some action against it and teachers who are secretly trying to save the ship or themselves. How do I know this? Because I know how they make the sausages here. I work for Michael Graham/ the ADPAC lobby, and the entire schematic for dental health is so broken. ADA is in bed with other folk you do not expect. Schools are just profit-seeking institutions. Why would they open up a Brooklyn center? Why take competition to a new level with another DSO mega monolith. With negotiating prowess no one else can really have as a university is backing it with grants/federal funding and 'its endowment (non-taxed capital invested in long-term funds/real estate/ speculative securities etc. I have the breakdown if you really want. It's funny, the tuition they get yearly is almost on par with the salaries for the admin (not sure about other workers). I could be wrong; it could be all salaries. But, the audit reports are all online. Also, they fabricate and will lie in court docs/affidavits without hesitation. Not just Smithey or Schreiber or whoever. Smithey has done so much to destroy that place, dunno how as it already was my personal hades. The fact she is still in power is worrisome. The school has had half the GPDs and high level admins leave. They also (the few seniority staff left) told me to gtfo in 2018-2019 as they all tried to jump ship. This school has so many problems coming. Lawsuits will be pouring in, and I commend those willing to fight this wicked institution. No one should be going into 700k debt just to be a dentist. NYU graduates 10 percent of the dentists yearly.

Anyone who is dismissed will be replaced with a foreign student at higher cost, as they can increase enrollment annually up to 10 percent without approval from CODA. We do not need more dentists... There are too many as is. This does not even begin to go into private equity's soar to the top. Combine this with the new methodology of a federalized healthcare system or a population who cannot afford insurance, you will be under one bureaucratic mess. This will make reimbursements pay less, and it will increase the hassle of being paid. Accounts receivable for a doctor is just insane.

Admin bloat is directly proportional to increase in the federal government's domain. If we had private banks issue student loans as they used to, the competition would make loans more affordable, and it will allow for options to deflate tuition prices as money may not be guaranteed. The federal government has no intention of ever spending less or taxing less. It does not pay tax itself, nor do these politicians comply with what the cattle (us) do. Senate intelligence committee members have higher returns yearly than hedge fund managers. They completely run our university system. Hence why larry summers or hank Paulson can be president at Harvard and then sec of treasure. It is a revolving door. The university system is funded thru public financial tax revenue assuming they follow all rules regarding civil rights/yada yada yada. They do not do this at all and should be defunded, but no one cares about civil liberties anymore. Universities will employ any tactic to win in court/to dispel you if they want. Courts give too much academic deference to them, as they will hide ethical violations under academic ones to avoid being governed by the law. They will say NYU is a dental school run by elite folk etc and only we can adjudicate these aberrations from the student(s). They have full disclosure over the academic record. They will lie as they did about me and so many others.

I like to post this kind of stuff because I know NYUCD patrols this board with their life. They have to keep tabs on the zeitgeist so as to not overstep to a fault. If someone can shed more light on NYUCD's current condition, I do not mind elaborating more.

Do not go here.
What is the attrition rate at NYU? The 2017-2018 average across all schools was less than 1%

this is such a naïve way to look at things... You are not their friend. NYU's admin is at the other spectrum on the friendly o'meter. This is true of ANY SCHOOL. You have no clue how this 501c/503c Hedge fund in disguise operates. I don't know if you are going to heed any warning, but this kind of attitude is problematic. You have to fear them like a mean boss. Head down, do not join any clubs or complain. Just take it. And, NYU is the worst school ever. They graduate 350 students because they take 400 students... They increase this by 5-10 percent ever year according to CODA's standards/rules. This is a racket...

In my experience, this is not true at all. Our class complained a lot and admin decided to change many things. We got them to undo many of their upcoming plans such as extending the school year from complaining about it. We got them to reverse covid relief denials from complaining. We got them to not require rubber cheeks on practicals because we got them like a week before practicals, from complaining. Agree that administration is not our friend, but like you said, this is true of any schools. I also think it's pretty poor advice to not join any clubs.

If they want to dismiss a student they do not like, they will. This has been done many times. I have been on this forum to disclose this, and some bad mouth me and other's don't. DENTGen13 and I had some words back in the day.

True we did have a conversation about this. I'm sorry you got dismissed but I'm still not sure why you did. You only told me all the bad things you experienced and what to look out for. I appreciated the forewarning but my experience was not entirely the same at that point in time. That still stands as of today. Yes it's true that we had inconveniences, and mishaps happen, but this is true for any dental school. I have heard my peers from other dental schools as well. Again, NYU admin is not our friend, and I recommend students to be wary of ANY schools administration, but whatever you said did not apply to 95%+ of us, maybe even 99%.

That said, there is a bit of truth though. NYU will dismiss you for breaking rules. We did have a few students get suspended for breaking covid guidelines early on during the beginning of the lockdown. What became of it, I do not know. Don't post pics of you breaking rules on social media, and don't get caught breaking rules.

Last edited:
In my experience, this is not true at all. Our class complained a lot and admin decided to change many things. We got them to undo many of their upcoming plans such as extending the school year from complaining about it. We got them to reverse covid relief denials from complaining. We got them to not require rubber cheeks on practicals because we got them like a week before practicals, from complaining. Agree that administration is not our friend, but like you said, this is true of any schools. I also think it's pretty poor advice to not join any clubs.

True we did have a conversation about this. I'm sorry you got dismissed but I'm still not sure why you did. You only told me all the bad things you experienced and what to look out for. I appreciated the forewarning but my experience was not entirely the same at that point in time. That still stands as of today. Yes it's true that we had inconveniences, and mishaps happen, but this is true for any dental school. I have heard my peers from other dental schools as well. Again, NYU admin is not our friend, and I recommend students to be wary of ANY schools administration, but whatever you said did not apply to 95%+ of us, maybe even 99%.

That said, there is a bit of truth though. NYU will dismiss you for breaking rules. We did have a few students get suspended for breaking covid guidelines early on during the beginning of the lockdown. What became of it, I do not know. Don't post pics of you breaking rules on social media, and don't get caught breaking rules.
ultimately, I got it fixed. But, I am saying it took such a long time. My post actually didn't post. Shucks. It was giving more info/clarifying things. And my man, ymmv. COVID turned everything upside down.

You are actually right. My experience is still the overall truth, however, most students get thru it. I was unfortunate enough to have been on the radar. This is my fault. in my post I thought I submitted, it was explained.

The issue is it is a lot easier to get thru this school now in the clinical years. The D3/D4 curriculum seems to be the same didactically (not much in d4) but the clinical reqs are practically suggestions. CODA allows massive leniency/subjective rendering of rules. You are a D1 right? I hear that is the worst year nowadays. I feel bad for you all. But, the grievances come in clinical years. For me, while I did fail some didactics as some do, I passed them all in remediation. I was suffering from broken legs/knees for 1.5 years and NYUCD did not grant me a leave. If they did, chances are I would not have been allowed to re-enter.

If you do not join clubs (the more progressive orgs like ASDA) you will not pique the interest of anyone. This is what led to my intentional targeting.

• Dislike

Yes you got them to do these things because COVID has rendered these admins futile. They have no response for this and violate basic safety precautions for a health institution. Moreover, in a world were no pandemic causes policy decisions/put an asterix on the education during this time, you are at the mercy of the school. Before covid, smithey or whoever was causing havoc. You guys did catch a break, despite having a tough course load. That is still something I would dread going thru. But, it is the clinical stuff that gets you in trouble; a part of the curriculum they are responsible in providing you.

And you are right dent, what happened to me was so rare and not probably going to occur again. To each their own. It's very situational. It's just IMO, it is not worth the hassle for a lower than realized return.

A mix, but mostly multiple choice. Some short answers, and some fill in the blank.

You'll still have a chance but imo it's pretty low, I think it may move a couple dozen places. Be prepared to reapply, I would say.
I remember folk were accepted up until August 30th even... I know it is late, but some students drop out or have issues/defer. I had a few good mates in my clinic do master programs in BU or another uni and then get accepted and lost their deposit or some of their tuition at their masters to come to NYU. but, they were happy. then sad and angry during school but happy once they left, haha. This is not that common, but 5-10 spots can be filled up to sept 1st or the first day of orientation. This was cl of 2017 so in 2013. good luck.

View attachment 335242

you kids' better not fail... it's online right remotely? everyone's cheating right now.

• Inappropriate
For me, while I did fail some didactics as some do, I passed them all in remediation. I was suffering from broken legs/knees for 1.5 years and NYUCD did not grant me a leave. If they did, chances are I would not have been allowed to re-enter.
That is a LOT of time for a broken leg, taken from someone who has broken bones before. Also, I'm not understanding. You would not have been allowed to re-enter if NYU granted you leave. They didn't grant you leave, so are you saying they did you a favor?

And I have to be honest with you, I did not read much else because it's too much to read. It feels like you just have a grudge with NYU and are replying to every post that is correcting misinformation. I am critical of NYU too, but I am not gonna sit here and let people think something is happening if it is 100% false. Again sorry you had a bad experience with NYU.

you kids' better not fail... it's online right remotely? everyone's cheating right now.
I corrected someone who said everyone is failing at NYU, and now apparently no one is failing because everyone is cheating? I don't deny that there are some students cheating but I guarantee not everybody's cheating.

That is a LOT of time for a broken leg, taken from someone who has broken bones before.
Bro he is literally quoting a spongebob episode right now. And I am sure he was born with glass bones and paper skin thanks to NYU. I bet every morning he breaks his legs and every afternoon he breaks his arms. At night, he probably lies awake in agony until a heart attack puts him to sleep.

• Haha
Is there some kind of google drive the class has where people share notes and past exams of something of the sort ? Do people work together and share things or is it a free for all ?
Well I can't speak for all classes, but for my class, there is a google drive of all past notes from upper classmen and tips/videos/etc. That said, these are only notes, and we do NOT share past exams because we feel that would potentially violate NYU's policies (to my knowledge there isn't any policy, and professors do change up exams, but we just don't do it anyway to avoid potential consequences). This rule is a self-made rule from our class, but I would not be surprised if past exams were shared in private.

In addition, everyone is really helpful, we have some great minds and great people who are creating anki decks, quizlet decks, sharing beautifully written and formatted notes, and homework help from everyone. Our curriculum reps creates and compiles a list of recorded lectures for everyone, and someone also does reminders for upcoming tests, homework, etc. Honestly, my experience with my class is pretty great.

I corrected someone who said everyone is failing at NYU, and now apparently no one is failing because everyone is cheating? I don't deny that there are some students cheating but I guarantee not everybody's cheating.
No one is failing out now, this was before covid don't get it twisted. Listen, you did this to me last time. I barely post for you people because you guys are just in your own world. It had been a while and I was getting notifications, so I responded. For what it's worth, you shill all day for NYUCD, so it's a bit rich.

but here you go
1619745223082.png

legit if you took a second, you would find this. Last time, it wasn't misinformation. The school is made easier with the lax in MDR needed to leave. Students cannot fail as much as the optics would be horrible. But before you got here, MR. NYUCD student of the year, a lot of students were failing before corona hit. This is true, check the nyucd class posts in 2018-19 to 2020.

1619745576744.png

Bro he is literally quoting a spongebob episode right now. And I am sure he was born with glass bones and paper skin thanks to NYU. I bet every morning he breaks his legs and every afternoon he breaks his arms. At night, he probably lies awake in agony until a heart attack puts him to sleep.
Well I had a few surgeries, so it was a continually impaired issue. And, you did not read the policy book, which is normal. You do not have a health issue, but if you need medical leave you are not guaranteed to be back. And of course I have a grudge with NYUCD. Don't read it, it's your prerogative. And, thanks for the insulting comment. I am trying to help you folks, you did this to me last time to and undermined my peer evaluations I Was trying to share with you to show you I wasn't someone who couldn't handle the school.

I had broken a variety of bones in my lower limbs in a motorcycle crash. Both legs were injured. Multiple surgeries were required. I was not given a medical leave. If you understand the student policy, you would have known this. They have gotten students dismissed this way. PM if you want a legal case to prove this.

You kids are truly just stubbornly fixated on your fantasies. I wish you guys well.

I had broken a variety of bones in my lower limbs in a motorcycle crash. Both legs were injured. Multiple surgeries were required. I was not given a medical leave. If you understand the student policy, you would have known this. They have gotten students dismissed this way. PM if you want a legal case to prove this. It's quite astonishing to see something laugh at another person when they were medically not their best, especially a doctor. My sole intention was to help you, as I have tried in the past. You have a very defensive and immature attitude, and it's going to be an issue for you, perhaps. I was like that, too. Is it so unbearable to just read the other side of your reality? I did not overexaggerate, I have said this is a rare situation, but it's possible. Be prepared for something from left field.

You kids are truly just stubbornly fixated on your fantasies. I wish you guys well, though. It'll be a tough road. God speed.