NYMC Metropolitan, Icahn SOM Elmhurst

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yellowcocopuffs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything about these 2 programs in NY? Besides the info about board pass rates, I can't find any information...

Members don't see this ad.

Did you receive IVs from them?

Regarding Elmhurst program, it is a community based program and all resident are IMGs. Its strong point that it is affiliated with Mount Sinai in Manhattan where you do some rotations there. The graduates historically were able to secure "decent" fellowship positions. It is a prematch program.

So I'm not sure what kind of an applicant you are. If your numbers are lower and you are concerned about matching then definitely consider this program. If you're not in that boat then I would not recommend NYMC metropolitan. It is a pretty small/low volume program with little exposure. Residents are mostly IMG. Small NICU and not sure there is a PICU? Residents spend a couple weeks at NYMCs westchester branch for certain speciality weeks. The Weatchester program (Maria Fareri) is a bigger program and you already exposed to a good variety of conditions. If you're considering NYMC then I would
Look at this program also.