NYC Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DW3843

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts or comparisons of the various New York City programs including Einstein and Brooklyn?

specifically, what is the general competitiveness for these programs?
thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

There is a good thread on otomatch.com, which discusses all the NY programs. It was recently brought to the front page. You can do a search on their site for earlier threads on NY programs but they might not be very useful since they've undergone some pretty significant changes over the last several years. I've also been asking current residents at my own institution about various programs which is always a lot of help. From what they've told me, I get the impression that all the NY programs in the city train you adequately but none that train you great (sorry if this offends anyone). Also, they all have their own little niche. (ie nyu is good for otology, sinai for head and neck) No one program is head and shoulders above the rest and it really depends on what you want to do later in life. Also, trauma is something you have to consider when doing a residency in a big trauma city like NYC, as it can be a plus or a minus depending on your career path. I get the impression that people who go to NY for ENT do so because being in NYC is a top priority for them.