Nuclear Medicine: DO friendly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Quantum Mecha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title says it all; is Nuclear Medicine a field that is DO friendly with regards to matching?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Nuclear medicine is DO friendly. As a DO I recieved interviewes at 4 big name university programs, and several community programs. I was subsequently offered positions at the 2 universities I interviewed at.

They will accept a DO internship as your first year at all of the places I looked into.

If you have a usmle score it would probably be beneficial, some nucs programs may not have seen enough comlex scores to have a good idea of the conversion.

I know there is at least 1 DO starting residency in one of the midwest programs.

As of right now most if not all nucs programs participate outside the match, and they interview usually from November to ? for the following academic year. So you may recieve an offer at your interview up until several months after.

Last edited:
I'm not going to Duke, but thats not to say another DO isn't. My handle refers to the video game and not the college.