Nuc Med Jumpstart

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Osteopathology

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since there seems to be not a lot of posting going on in this forum, I decided to start a topic to spark it up a little. I have looked through all of the posts in this forum but wanted to know a little more about Nukes. I know it's part of the core for radiology residency. I know it has its' own residency as well. I also know you can do 2 years and swap in from say IM or another residency.

I guess my questions are?

What are the highlights and lowlights in a day in nukes? Where do you see the field in 5-10 years? What are the limitations and advanatages of the field?

Why I am interested? Because I am primarily interested in radiology as a residency choice, but have considered nuclear medicine as well. I am more procedurally oriented, so have given consideration to IR but I know the limited amount of programs available.

So I am wondering if the procedures in Nukes are performed by Nukes or techs?

I appreciate any information. I have been looking around for data and information but have had little success. Is anyone in the Manhattan area that could offer some insight into some programs. I have been trying to find a spot in rads/nuc medicine for 2009 in this area.

Thanks so much,

Osteo

Members don't see this ad.