NPTE tomorrow - need to vent, encouragement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kalayapei

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
SO, like most anyone taking the exam tomorrow, I am super stressed. This is my second time taking the exam. The first time I took the exam, I didn't prepare as much as I should because I had a lot of other stuff going on... Complicated pregnancy (2nd semester placental abruption followed by a post-partum hemorrhage) and then my mom passed away this past April.

I have a 10 month old and am a single mom and though its been difficult, I have been studying my butt off. I did well on my two PEAT exams (had never taken them before). Scored a 640 on the first and a 690 on the second this past weekend.

So I am super stressed. I have gone through a lot of difficult things this past year, and I am at my limits. Monday my dad calls me and tells me he got laid off from work.... adds to my stress, lovely timing but he didn't have anyone else to talk to. Tuesday, he got rehired, ok... I am ok calm again

Then today at lunch, he calls me and tells me he finally got the paperwork to sort out opening my mom's personal safety deposit box. I told him, "really, this is what you had to do today after having months to do it? Couldn't you have offered to babysit for me or something if you had the time so I could relax?"

Then at 4PM he calls me and tells me "I made an appointment at the bank. 2 security guards will be opening your mom's safe at 4:30. Do you want me to pick you up?" He knows i want to be there to open the safe... SO the day before my exam, when he knows I am super stressed out beyond belief, he makes an appointment to open my dead mom's safe???????????? Later he tells me he didn't realize it would add to my stress. She and I would go there when I was little and it would be a special trip and I would try on her jewelry. There is also a special charm bracelet in there that she got me for my first 6 birthdays, because she had been worried her cancer would come back and wanted me to have something to remember her by.... Just super emotional stuff.

SO now I am just crying and trying to calm down. And I needed to vent. And I know I just need to stay calm to pass, but it just is all too much right now.

If anyone had words of encouragement, I would appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I'm sorry that you had to deal with that stress the day before the exam. I am taking it as my second time as well.

Take a nice deep breath and focus on you! Think of all the time and effort you put into preparing and how awesome you will feel when you pass. It's hard when family/friends don't understand how stressful and serious these things can be, but all you can do is brush it off and focus on what needs to be done.

Do something for you before bed, maybe have some tea and get a good nights rest - it will be okay!!!

I wish you the best of luck :)

Hi,
I'm sorry that you had to deal with that stress the day before the exam. I am taking it as my second time as well.

Take a nice deep breath and focus on you! Think of all the time and effort you put into preparing and how awesome you will feel when you pass. It's hard when family/friends don't understand how stressful and serious these things can be, but all you can do is brush it off and focus on what needs to be done.

Do something for you before bed, maybe have some tea and get a good nights rest - it will be okay!!!

Also, those are awesome scores for your PEAT, keep that confidence going for tomorrow!!

Hi,

Thank you! Just did a crystal bowl meditation class and it really helped. Think I will take a yoga class tomorrow AM since I have the exam in the afternoon. I feel the urge to review, but relaxation will probably help me most at this point.

Good luck to you too! You can do it :)