NPTE studying in one month?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Anomaly_Anomaly

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My current rotation has been all-consuming, with 11 -12 hour work days, a 4 hour commute round trip, and a difficult CI. I have also been asked to work 8 Saturdays without weekdays off to make up for residency interviews. As such, I have had little to no study time for the NPTE.

I am currently signed up for the April exam date and scored a 63% on the one practice exam I have taken.

Is it feasible to pass this thing with one month of studying? I have two more weeks of rotation and will have two weeks more before the test.

Thanks in advance for any advice, insight, where to focus my energy, etc!

Members don't see this ad.

If I understood your post correctly, you have 4 weeks till the exam; but 2 of those 4 weeks will have to be spent on rotation, leaving you with only 2 weeks of "free" study time?

We are all different in how quickly we can absorb information, etc etc. But if it were me, I would wait for the July exam. Failing it the first time will lead to a lot of heartache and self-doubt. And you'd have to pay the fee twice.

That's true, thank you!! I definitely think waiting until July is the safer way to handle it. I was wondering if anyone had success stories about it all coming together last minute but I realize that is a long shot, haha.

That's true, thank you!! I definitely think waiting until July is the safer way to handle it. I was wondering if anyone had success stories about it all coming together last minute but I realize that is a long shot, haha.
hello ...if you need study partner i am planning to give NPTE TOO...