NPTE January 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faganj5

Reaction score
Havent seen much about the NPTE January exam. Just wondering what people thought? Harder or easier than expected?

Members don't see this ad.

I thought so! The PEAT exams didn’t represent what was actually expected on the exam itself. I walked out after the exam feeling as though I’ve been through a fight

Reactions: 2 users
I'm not sure what to expect after finishing the exam. I was mentally drained and a little depressed. It was a tough exam indeed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought so! The PEAT exams didn’t represent what was actually expected on the exam itself. I walked out after the exam feeling as though I’ve been through a fight

Mentally drained after that exam!!! Still thinking about the dumb mistakes I made and how PEATS aren’t a good representation at all of the actual exam. I feel like half of those questions weren’t even PT related!!

Reactions: 1 user
Mentally drained after that exam!!! Still thinking about the dumb mistakes I made and how PEATS aren’t a good representation at all of the actual exam. I feel like half of those questions weren’t even PT related!!
I’ve genuinely been kept awake at night thinking of the silly mistakes and even googling my answers to double check I was correct/or wrong I really think the FSBPT shouldn’t sell their PEAT when they so wrongly represent what’s actually on he exam.

Congrats to everyone who passed and to those who even just accomplished this exam! It felt extremely challenging- I even started thinking halfway through the 4th section that I might as well start mentally preparing myself to start studying for this exam again because it felt so impossible in some parts at that point. I'm the kind of catastrophic type so I already expected to feel like I failed when I walked out because apparently everyone does, but I didn't expect to feel like I ACTUALLY failed- and there is a big difference! Waiting for scores was truly horrible and I had to complete my last week of my clinical rotation trying to not show how dead I felt inside haha (and also mentally counting up ALL THE DUMB MISTAKES I MADE. There were at least 25-30). Although I had totally convinced myself that I had failed, I actually passed! And seeing it was the most amazing feeling!

I really only studied from the beginning of December while I was completing a very challenging rotation. I tried to study for 1-2 hours after work on the weekdays and made up for it on the weekends. I really only used Scorebuilders as study material as well as the NPTE Pocket Prep app (so worth paying the $34 for unlimited questions!). I used Basecamp to walk me through the material (highly recommend!) and then as it got closer I focused on concepts I felt weakest on and hoped for the best that I would be able to pick out the right answer on the material that I felt the strongest on. I took both PEATS and 3 Scorebuilders exams (passed all Scorebuilders in the low 70s- but hadn't even gotten through all the material yet when I took them). I got a 663 (79%) on the Practice Peat 1 week before the exam. I didn't really even study the last week before the exam because I was so busy with my rotation. Ultimately, I think I could've done a lot differently to prepare, but I felt that my school curriculum and clinical rotations were the most influential in helping me succeed!

Best of luck to those taking it in April!

Congrats to everyone who passed and to those who even just accomplished this exam! It felt extremely challenging- I even started thinking halfway through the 4th section that I might as well start mentally preparing myself to start studying for this exam again because it felt so impossible in some parts at that point. I'm the kind of catastrophic type so I already expected to feel like I failed when I walked out because apparently everyone does, but I didn't expect to feel like I ACTUALLY failed- and there is a big difference! Waiting for scores was truly horrible and I had to complete my last week of my clinical rotation trying to not show how dead I felt inside haha (and also mentally counting up ALL THE DUMB MISTAKES I MADE. There were at least 25-30). Although I had totally convinced myself that I had failed, I actually passed! And seeing it was the most amazing feeling!

I really only studied from the beginning of December while I was completing a very challenging rotation. I tried to study for 1-2 hours after work on the weekdays and made up for it on the weekends. I really only used Scorebuilders as study material as well as the NPTE Pocket Prep app (so worth paying the $34 for unlimited questions!). I used Basecamp to walk me through the material (highly recommend!) and then as it got closer I focused on concepts I felt weakest on and hoped for the best that I would be able to pick out the right answer on the material that I felt the strongest on. I took both PEATS and 3 Scorebuilders exams (passed all Scorebuilders in the low 70s- but hadn't even gotten through all the material yet when I took them). I got a 663 (79%) on the Practice Peat 1 week before the exam. I didn't really even study the last week before the exam because I was so busy with my rotation. Ultimately, I think I could've done a lot differently to prepare, but I felt that my school curriculum and clinical rotations were the most influential in helping me succeed!

Best of luck to those taking it in April!

Hello, what are you referring to when you say you followed basecamp? I am taking the April NPTE. Thanks in advance