now what...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

simseema17

Ok guys, it's after Dec. 1st...I have yet to hear from 12 schools. I am going to call them today after my classes and see what's up.

I'm thinking, what if I don't know anything for awhile, like way into spring? In the meantime I was thinking of asking the 3 schools I got rejected from what made me a weak applicant and what I should do to make myself more competitive for the next round.

I guess I'm just writing because none of my friends are pre-dents and I'm just wondering where all of you are going and where all of you are in terms of acceptances/interviews/rejections. So drop me a line when you get a chance...good luck to all of us
cool.gif

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know how many pre-dents hit these forums. My guess is that it is a small fraction of the total. But, looking at another site (www.predental.com) and checking out their archive page I think that you still have a reasonable chance this year. It appears that a good number of first rounders get acceptances from multiple schools. Those first rounders will have to settle on one school which will reopen the slots at the others. So, more rounds will be coming in January and February. The situation will remain dynamic even after the January and February rounds. Some folks who locked in spaces following those rounds will forfeit them if they get accepted off of the wait lists at other schools they prefer to enter. So, your are smart to plan for the future, but it is way too early for you to throw in the towel. Hang in there.

Thanks groundhog for the predental link...that seems to be a lot hotter than the predental section here. Although I still like this website better in general. Also, thank you so much for your encouragment. It's nice to be reminded to not give up hope. I am just filled with anticipation, I just want to know!! Well now I have finals to worry about, so I guess that'll keep my mind off of it for a little while. Are you a predental/dental student? Anyway, good luck to you
tongue.gif