Other *NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS* Non-Accredited 1-yr, Neurocritical Care Position, PGY2+, Flexible Dates, Upstate NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UHSMedEd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
*UPDATE* - As of 6/1/2021, we are no longer accepting applications for this position. If you are interested in a student rotation, residency, or fellowship at UHSH in the future, please visit our website at Academic Affairs | United Health Services. Thank you!

Located at United Health Services Hospitals in Johnson City, NY, this is a one-year Neurocritical Care training program for a physician who has completed an ACGME-accredited PGY-1 position in the United States and does NOT require a visa. If interested, please send the following materials to [email protected]: Current CV, USMLE/COMLEX transcript, and three letters of recommendation (including one from your Residency Program Director). Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Located at United Health Services Hospitals in Johnson City, NY, this is a one-year Neurocritical Care training program for a physician who has completed an ACGME-accredited PGY-1 position in the United States and does NOT require a visa. If interested, please send the following materials to [email protected]: Current CV, USMLE/COMLEX transcript, and three letters of recommendation (including one from your Residency Program Director). Thank you!

This seems like cheap labor. What would this "unaccredited" training program do for the individual who is "hired"?

Reactions: 2 users
This seems like cheap labor. What would this "unaccredited" training program do for the individual who is "hired"?
Hello and thank you for your comment. I understand your concern. We provide training in critical care and offer trainees the same salary and benefits as our PGY-2 trainees in our accredited programs. While this program is unaccredited, it will provide trainees with clinical experience that can help avoid non-clinical gaps in their training. We also have a Program Director who is committed to helping our residents use this program as a stepping stone to their goals and I would be happy to help you get in touch with him if you are interested in learning more about our program.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is a scam. Real NCC is a fellowship and it's very different than traditional CC. This looks like a cheap labor scam. I would advise anyone considering this to consider anything else

Reactions: 2 users
This is a scam. Real NCC is a fellowship and it's very different than traditional CC. This looks like a cheap labor scam. I would advise anyone considering this to consider anything else
You are correct that this is not the same as the Neurocritical Care Fellowship. This is considered to be a pre-residency fellowship or a pre-residency training program, but due to supervision rules for our patient population we do require the completion of at least a PGY-1 year for our trainees. We work very hard to ensure this is a mutually beneficial arrangement and a meaningful experience for our trainees, and our DIO and PD offer support to trainees as they apply for other positions outside of our institution. I am glad to help you get in touch with them for more information if you are interested or concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.