no invite yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fallen rock

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if you haven't gotten a med-peds interview invite yet, is that bad? i know sept is not over yet, but i heard apps are up by a lot this year... just trying to gauge if i should be worried (which obviously i already am)...

Members don't see this ad.

Don't let the invite thread make you nervous, the vast majority of East and West Coast locations haven't started sending out anything yet. =)

Where did you here that applications were up? Is it comparable to last year or even more?

I wouldn't be worried! As stated above the majority of east and west coast schools haven't even started sending out any invites at all. And from what I've heard from residents at my home institution, several of the bigger names won't get in touch until late october or november when they have your mspe. Unfortunately, we all have a long wait ahead of us....

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope apps are not up this year. Last year they went up by 12% from previous so it wouldn't be a good sign for any of us.

And I wouldn't worry either.

Last edited:
just a quick question. If a school has already sent out invites and you applied and have not been invited.. what are your odds? Do most school fill all their interview spots right away and then invite more later as some applicants don't fill their interview slots?? Or do they over-invite and if a friend or other has heard back and you haven't, you may as well write it off?

Just wondering if anyone has insight. I guess some schools may do it differently as well..

I believe there is still hope... A couple of weeks ago someone posted a place where they got an invite and I received an invite a few days later. I think it's going to vary from school to school though.

That being said, I just attended the NMPRA meeting in SF this weekend and we were informed that interview applications were up as of 9/15 - up significantly. A word of advice we were told was that students should get their apps in ASAP if they haven't done so already. As it is, they're "late" just due to the sheer volume of applicants.

I guess I wasn't aware though that there would be an influx of later applicants beyond the first couple weeks of September. I made it a point to get mine out on day 1 simply because this whole process is so scary!! :wow: Did other people wait?

Last edited:
it's so scary that there's so many more people applying this year! as if it wasn't scary enough to be applying in general! ive never in my life been such a ball of stress. grr!

on a different note, has upenn downloaded anyone's application? im guessing that since none of my info has been downloaded by them, they've not even turned on their system yet? any thoughts?

it's so scary that there's so many more people applying this year! as if it wasn't scary enough to be applying in general! ive never in my life been such a ball of stress. grr!

on a different note, has upenn downloaded anyone's application? im guessing that since none of my info has been downloaded by them, they've not even turned on their system yet? any thoughts?

just checked.... upenn downloaded my stuff today.

just checked.... upenn downloaded my stuff today.

Thanks! Just checked and saw that my stuff finally got downloaded too. Guess they were just late to start...

if you haven't gotten a med-peds interview invite yet, is that bad? i know sept is not over yet, but i heard apps are up by a lot this year... just trying to gauge if i should be worried (which obviously i already am)...

We do not overbook in our program. We keep a wait list. There are always cancellations but you can not count on them enough to overbook any particular day. We continue to make invitations up through early January if we have open interview times. Many of our best residents have come from that wait list.