NMS Medicine For Step 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RunwayModel

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently I am trying to use NMS Internal Medicine (new edition 2005) for review for USMLE Step 2, but it seems ridiculously long and detailed. I mean, I am sure that it would cover Internal Medicine for Step 2 (the questions seem VERY much like boards, in the sense of being long clinical vignettes) but it is very coarse and boring to read not to mention it starts from the beginning (basic science). Like actually having to explain what macrocytosis is and stuff. Is there something better that works to cover IM for Step 2? Realize that my IM foundation is very weak, but Blueprints seems more readable but seems to me TOO short to adequately cover what is on Step 2. Any advice? I would like to do "99" well, so if I do need to read a huge book like this to achieve this, I'll bite the bullet, but just wondering whether I am using the wrong approach.

Members don't see this ad.

read the NMS! blueprints will only give u a failing score esp since IM is the bulk of step 2. and then, u mention that your IM foundation is weak. so I would read the NMS. I did and I'm glad I did b/c Q-Review questions are really challenging. Hope this helps. I'm taking step on wed (6/22)

Lovella said:
Currently I am trying to use NMS Internal Medicine (new edition 2005) for review for USMLE Step 2, but it seems ridiculously long and detailed. I mean, I am sure that it would cover Internal Medicine for Step 2 (the questions seem VERY much like boards, in the sense of being long clinical vignettes) but it is very coarse and boring to read not to mention it starts from the beginning (basic science). Like actually having to explain what macrocytosis is and stuff. Is there something better that works to cover IM for Step 2? Realize that my IM foundation is very weak, but Blueprints seems more readable but seems to me TOO short to adequately cover what is on Step 2. Any advice? I would like to do "99" well, so if I do need to read a huge book like this to achieve this, I'll bite the bullet, but just wondering whether I am using the wrong approach.

Has anyone here used Kaplan Lecture Notes for Step 2
I saw a set on ebay and was wondering if it were worth my time
How about Goljan Audiofiles for step 2?

LMKP
B-

how about FA for Medicine for Step 2? any takers? I've been going back and forth between that one and B+W.