Question New posts in older threads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apollyon

Screw the GST
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've noticed for a while now something that might be a bug. The only place I've seen this is in The Lounge, but, that might be a function of the forums that I peruse. I've noticed that, in older threads, when a new post is posted, when the thread is clicked, I am not automatically taken to the newest post, but, I have to click on the "jump to newest post" link, on the first page, which, then, takes me to the newest post. However, I don't know what is the time frame, whether the thread was addressed last in one month, 3, 6, or whatever. Incidentally, these are not threads that have not been accessed in literal years, which garner the pop up of "this thread is more than X years old. Does what you want to post add to the thread?", or whatever is some such the verbiage.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I've noticed for a while now something that might be a bug. The only place I've seen this is in The Lounge, but, that might be a function of the forums that I peruse. I've noticed that, in older threads, when a new post is posted, when the thread is clicked, I am not automatically taken to the newest post, but, I have to click on the "jump to newest post" link, on the first page, which, then, takes me to the newest post. However, I don't know what is the time frame, whether the thread was addressed last in one month, 3, 6, or whatever. Incidentally, these are not threads that have not been accessed in literal years, which garner the pop up of "this thread is more than X years old. Does what you want to post add to the thread?", or whatever is some such the verbiage.

Yeah I have the same problem as well.

Not sure what is going on, will tag @Lee

Members don't see this ad :)

Sorry for the delay in responding.

To ensure I understand, is the issue A?
  1. Go to a longer thread
  2. Post in the thread
  3. Get forwarded to a different page within the thread
or B?
  1. Notified of a new post on a thread
  2. Click on that link
  3. End-up on a page in the thread that's prior to the page with the latest post
Thanks!

It's a modification of B. Thread title is bolded, indicating a new post. Click on it. Go to the first post of the thread (not the page prior), instead of the new post. Have to click "jump to new", and only then taken to the new post.

Thanks for the report - will research it.