Need some advice after my DAT was canceled again. Is July 20th too late to take the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twitch2Much28

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was supposed to take my DAT in April, and due to the COVID I was rescheduled to July 1st. My new rescheduled date has just been canceled. I really don't understand why because my friend is set to take hers on June 30th, and she did not receive any emails (I'm assuming it's my specific testing center that canceled). Anyways, July 20th is the earliest date I can find, is there a point of even applying this cycle if I take my DAT on July 20th? I'm planning on submitting apps in mid-June

Members don't see this ad.

You're fine - that's not that big of a deal, and some schools may even be more accommodating this cycle and accept copies of your unofficial score report to look over your app as they wait for your scores to be validated.

Even w/o COVID, I think taking it anytime before August is fine. August onwards it gets a little late, but again with COVID, I think schools won't hold it against applicants for taking their DAT later than expected.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Should I still submit my application in june?
You're fine - that's not that big of a deal, and some schools may even be more accommodating this cycle and accept copies of your unofficial score report to look over your app as they wait for your scores to be validated.

Even w/o COVID, I think taking it anytime before August is fine. August onwards it gets a little late, but again with COVID, I think schools won't hold it against applicants for taking their DAT later than expected.

Should I still submit my application in june?
That really just depends on you. If you're confident you'll score well on the DAT, then yes I would apply in June - that way, all that school's will be waiting on from you are your official DAT scores from the ADA. On the other hand, if you're unsure of how you'll do, maybe hold off on applying because you don't want to have spent all your money on applications only to realize you have to retake it and thus reapply (since taking it July 20th means you'll only be able to retake after Oct 20th, which is pretty late...). With the latter option, if you don't apply in June but you score well, you can just apply then as even the GPA verification process takes a few weeks (so essentially you'll be waiting on GPA verification and DAT validation at the same time).

Hopefully that makes sense lol - my brain is fried from school & I could be rambling

Reactions: 1 users