Need New DAT Eligibility period?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calipredent93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

So I applied for a DENTPIN back in june of 2016 and unfortunately was unable to take the test by december. I didn't show up for the test date that was scheduled in december, as I was told that by doing that I could just apply to retake the test without the 90 day waiting period, however I'm having trouble now confirming that as I'm getting error messages when I attempt to reschedule or reapply on ADA and Prometric. Has anybody experienced this situation before? Do I need to just wait the three months? How do I get a new eligibility window?

Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you apply for and schedule to take the exam back in June? If so, your eligibility period probably has expired. I believe the eligibility period is 6 months from when you submit your application to take the exam and pay the test fee.

If you go to the ADA website under "My Account Summary", it will tell you the date that you submitted your application for the DAT. It should also tell you what your eligibility status is.

https://dts.ada.org/login/login__ADA.aspx

Found this in the 2017 DAT ADA Guide:

"After your application has been processed, you will be eligible to test for a six-month period. If you do not schedule a testing appointment and take the DAT during this period, you will have to submit a new application and fee in order to take the test. The six-month eligibility period will not be extended, and you will forfeit your testing fee if you do not test within the six month period."

something similar happened to me when i didnt schedule a testing within the 6 months. i called them and they said it can take a while after the 6 months for ADA to process that your first application has lapsed and that you can reapply. to expedite the process they asked me to email [email protected] with a request to close out my old test registration so that i could reapply. i included my dentpin and dat confirmation id.