Need help in assessing a university

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alan Stephan John

Reaction score
Could anyone please tell me about University of Health and Sciences Antigua and Barbuda ?
Is it a good school, can't seem to find anyone who studied here online.
I appreciate anyone willing to help.

Members don't see this ad.

It is not very good. It is a low tier Caribbean medical school. Looking at their website, they have no data at all about their match outcomes - a huge red flag. On their FAQ site, they state this:

1681421686745.png

Anyone who thinks that these graduates will be "equalized" with LCME grads is smoking something real good.

Can you succeed going to a school like this? Sure, it's possible. But lots of people just fail out and lose all their money. Here's the data from the World Directory on this school:

1681421906120.png

75 people started in 2019, but they only graduated 17. Looks like at least a 50% failure rate.

You should be very careful about schools like this. Chance of success is very low.

Reactions: 1 user
Do your research and avoid the low tier school unless you are loaded or this is your last resort.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is not very good. It is a low tier Caribbean medical school. Looking at their website, they have no data at all about their match outcomes - a huge red flag. On their FAQ site, they state this:

View attachment 369347

Anyone who thinks that these graduates will be "equalized" with LCME grads is smoking something real good.

Can you succeed going to a school like this? Sure, it's possible. But lots of people just fail out and lose all their money. Here's the data from the World Directory on this school:

View attachment 369348

75 people started in 2019, but they only graduated 17. Looks like at least a 50% failure rate.

You should be very careful about schools like this. Chance of success is very low.

I wouldn't necessarily trust the statistics provided in WDOMS as it's usually outdated.

Could anyone please tell me about University of Health and Sciences Antigua and Barbuda ?
Is it a good school, can't seem to find anyone who studied here online.
I appreciate anyone willing to help.
I can tell you one thing for sure: don't go there.

Not sure where you are from, but if you're from the US, only go to the MD/DO schools in the US, nothing else is worth it. If you're Canadian, go to a Canadian medical school and have US schools as another resort. Essentially, only go to schools in your home country. It's not worth it to try out these for-profit schools that flex a match rate higher than US MD/DO match rates when it's just a blatant lie. I would argue going PA/NP is better than going Caribbean although I probably will get flamed by current Caribbean students or Caribbean posers in private messages or in forums for saying such a "heinous crime".

Also, your name and profile picture should be changed because you're exposing yourself to hundreds, if not thousands of people, your full identity to people who are program directors and admissions committee members.

Reactions: 1 user