NBME practice tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chirish

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are these worth 45 bucks apiece?

I already am doing UWorld and NMS - are these questions on the NBME exams that much better/more predictive?

Are the stems longer than on Usmleworld?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

chirish said:
Are these worth 45 bucks apiece?

I already am doing UWorld and NMS - are these questions on the NBME exams that much better/more predictive?

Are the stems longer than on Usmleworld?

Thanks!

like i've said in previous posts. They are the best 90 bucks you'll spend. They are virtually identical to the real thing (several repeats on my exam verbatim). They are the ONLY test questions that are actually written by the same folks who will be giving you your step 1 or 2 exam.

they perfectly predicted my score in both step 1 and step 2. Use them to see if you are ready and to see what kind of score you can expect. if you bomb them then y ou aren't ready. if you get the mean or above then you're probably golden. Our school is actually thinking about using them as a diagnostic for the students readiness.

later

i would also have to agree about paying for the nbme exams. i remember several repeats as well. but i'm still waiting on my scores. i took step 2ck on 6/22. so i'm assuming my scores should be back anyday now hopefully

So I took one of the tests, didn't do as well as I hoped but I still have 2 weeks and haven't gone through everything...

My question is, are the stems like that on the real thing? Some of them were as long as I expected but most were shorter. Also, how did your assessment compare with your test results? I thought I was strong in respiratory and weak in ob/gyn. My assesment was off the charts for ob/gyn and weak in respiratory!

Members don't see this ad :)
Whew! I did the first one. I did better than I had hoped. But I've been studying for a while. At least now I know some areas that definitely need improvement.

I kind of wish I was jotting down some of the stuff to look up later though. I hit a few impasses between two answer choices. (Like do you give the kid with septic arthritis Abx first or do an arthrocentesis first?) And a couple more where I obviously knew a little to figure out the diagnosis, but definitely not enough to answer the question.

I don't really know how you fix that, except read more...

P.S. I'm getting frustrated with this Step 1 diet and Step 2 diet business. When do you recommend these suckers?

(Like do you give the kid with septic arthritis Abx first or do an arthrocentesis first?)

I remember that one, I picked arthrocentesis, but I definitly wavered over the Abx. And don't know if I got it right...I wish they would have at least told you which ones you got wrong!!

How are you guys staying focused? Call me ADD but by the last block of just those 4 I was having a hard time focusing on the questions. I totally wish this test was on paper.

Hey guys,

On the score report for the NBME Online ($45) tests, what do they mean by "Normal Development; Principles of Care"? I wanna work on that area, but I dunno what it is...Anyone know?

Thanks...