NBME Help :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Strawberry29

Reaction score
Hi! Hope everyone is good! Im an IMG, i have been preparing for step 1 since March of this year. I did all the Kaplan Books and Videos, then I do Pathoma and Sketchy Micro. Then I started with First Aid while I was doing Kaplan Qbank, I finished Kaplan Qbank, and right know i have about 3 weeks doing Uworld, I have done only 30% of it. Today, I decided to take my first NBME, I took NBME 13 and I got 190, honestly I feel really really really devastated, depressed, frustrated because I failed it, I'm putting a lot of effort to this exam, and I only got that score! I don't know how I have to reestructure the way i was studying? What I have to do know? How much Can I improve from that score? I was planning to take the exam between February and March but honestly with the result of today I don't know what to do :( Please if you can help me, I will appreciate so much. When should I Take the other Nbme, I mean how many time should I wait to take the next? How much is possible to improve in terms of Score? What should I do to improve? Thank you so much, and God bless you! Have a good night!

Members don't see this ad.

You only completing 30% of UWorld since March is your big problem. Finish it and then do it again. Books are pointless if you cannot apply anything you’ve done

Reactions: 1 user
You only completing 30% of UWorld since March is your big problem. Finish it and then do it again. Books are pointless if you cannot apply anything you’ve done
I have only 30% because I started it in November, right now I realize that I waste time doing the other things :( Do you think can I improve my Score after finishing Uworld? How much is possible to improve? Right know with that score im really afraid to fail the real exam or worse to get a very low score :( when should I Take the other NBME? Thank you for your help

Two passes in UWorld is recommended. Once you've read a chapter in First Aid, Crush Step 1 or whatever have you, do the UWorld questions in tutor mode. This way you understand why the right answers are right, and the wrong answers are wrong. Then, right before your exam, do all the UWorld questions again, but this time in test mode. You can also take a practice NBME test every week. Start with the old ones, they're available somewhere, although I don't think they have answer explanations.

Might I suggest postponing your exam until May? You really want to make sure that you break 220s, and not just pass. If you do this, then you may have time for possibly another resource like UsmleRx for more questions.