Navigating financial aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hocus_bolus

Reaction score
Hello, I recently got admitted to a school and will be attending in August. FAFSA was late this year, and I just received my financial aid report and my student aid index (SAI) is -1500 (reflecting the most need). When I checked for my school's financial aid offer, it showed the total cost of attendance (70k) and then an unsubsidized loan (40k). I am confused as to what this means. Am I to take the unsub loan and then take out a loan for the other 30k?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello, I recently got admitted to a school and will be attending in August. FAFSA was late this year, and I just received my financial aid report and my student aid index (SAI) is -1500 (reflecting the most need). When I checked for my school's financial aid offer, it showed the total cost of attendance (70k) and then an unsubsidized loan (40k). I am confused as to what this means. Am I to take the unsub loan and then take out a loan for the other 30k?
Yes. GradPlus loans would cover the rest.

Reactions: 1 users