MWU IL vs MWU AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ABayBay13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Been accepted to both. Right now leaning towards AZ... I'm from South Dakota... So not that close to either school. AZ is cheaper and more established. Any opinions??

Members don't see this ad.

I'd go with AZ for your own reasons above as well as the well-priced housing nearby and the fantastic clinical facilities.

I lived in Scottsdale/Phoenix for two years... It's pretty freaking hot there. I could't deal with the heat so I didn't like it. I grew up in cold weather so living in the desert was tough. :boom:

the schools' curriculums are mirror images of each other.

it really comes down to where you see yourself living, in my opinion. i'd personally choose downer's grove just because i like cold weather and i could drive to chicago. not sure how i feel about the desert heat haha.

either way, congrats. can't go wrong with either one.

Members don't see this ad :)
the schools' curriculums are mirror images of each other.

it really comes down to where you see yourself living, in my opinion. i'd personally choose downer's grove just because i like cold weather and i could drive to chicago. not sure how i feel about the desert heat haha.

either way, congrats. can't go wrong with either one.

Similar, but not the same. AZ finishes their basic sciences (except Pharm) during the 1st year so you can have the first summer off to take your NBDE Part I. IL does not finish their basic sciences until 2nd year and you will have to study for your boards then. Just 1 of many differences between these 2 campuses.