MU-COM class of 2017 accepted thread!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just sent my request to join

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the call today! I'm looking forward to meeting you all this fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
New e-news series, MU-COM DOCTOR, launched today for admitted and deposited students.

MU-COM Admissions

Im not sure either how we will be seeing this new series. They did send out an email (probably to those who have paid deposits) re: the second year schedule and what to expect in the upcoming information series.

But, as of now, its not yet on the portal. I assume it is being composed and that we might have the first installment show up in the portal this week/weekend?

Im not sure either how we will be seeing this new series. They did send out an email (probably to those who have paid deposits) re: the second year schedule and what to expect in the upcoming information series.

But, as of now, its not yet on the portal. I assume it is being composed and that we might have the first installment show up in the portal this week/weekend?

Thanks...that was my guess too

New e-news series, MU-COM DOCTOR, launched today for admitted and deposited students.

MU-COM Admissions

Thanks!! I was super excited to see this because I didn't even know there was going to be another series. It was a happy surprise :) Can't wait to see it all!!

Do you have to pay the deposit before you can view the new series?

The announcement of the new e-news series was sent to all admitted and deposited students.

Over the next week or so, the portal will be updated to include a new tab: MU-COM DOCTOR. Then the biweekly updates will come through the portal--just as the Advantage Series did.

MU-COM Admissions

Members don't see this ad :)
The MU-COM DOCTOR Series has started. Volume 1 is in the portal for admitted and deposited students. Future volumes will be released weekly or bi-weekly.

MU-COM Admissions

Volume 2 of the DO Series is in the portal for admitted and deposited students.

Enjoy,
MU-COM Admissions

Does anyone know when we will be receiving a list of required texts for the classes?

Does anyone know when we will be receiving a list of required texts for the classes?

This is at least a month away. Individual course directors are making decisions as we speak, but a few other infrastructure items have to be resolved first.

MU-COM

Volume 3 of the MU-COM DOCTOR Series is in the portal for admitted and deposited students. Topics include:

• Curriculum Information
  • On-Campus Housing
  • Off-Campus Housing (apartment recommendations)
  • Other Off-Campus Options
  • On-Campus vs. Off-Campus Housing Costs
  • Financial Aid Opportunities
  • CAMS Login Credentials
  • Class of 2017 People Bingo
  • The Power of Doing

Enjoy,
MU-COM Admissions

Volume 3 of the MU-COM DOCTOR Series is in the portal for admitted and deposited students. Topics include:

• Curriculum Information
  • On-Campus Housing
  • Off-Campus Housing (apartment recommendations)
  • Other Off-Campus Options
  • On-Campus vs. Off-Campus Housing Costs
  • Financial Aid Opportunities
  • CAMS Login Credentials
  • Class of 2017 People Bingo
  • The Power of Doing

Enjoy,
MU-COM Admissions

For those of us looking at Marian for next year, would anyone care to post the curriculum information? Also, how much time is allotted for board studying in second year?

Thanks for any information or replies, Marian sounds like it's going to be a top-notch school.

Two important notes, which were sent via email and to the FB group:

Due to the overwhelming response to this Open House, our location has changed. The entire program will be in the Mother Theresa Hackelmeier Memorial Library. The location of your Interview Day.

Also, the time of the Pre-Mixer on Friday at 45° restaurant and lounge has been moved to a new time: 5:30—7:30 PM.

Please travel safely,
MU-COM Admissions

Volume 4 of the DO Series is in the portal for accepted and deposited students.

MU-COM

The rotation grid is as follows:

Year 3
Family Medicine—8 weeks
Internal Medicine—8 weeks
Pediatrics—4 weeks
General Surgery—4 weeks
Psychiatry—4 weeks
Obstetrics—4 weeks
Musculoskeletal medicine—4 weeks
Other required rotations
- Radiology—2 weeks
- Selective—4 weeks

Year 4
Emergency Medicine—8 weeks
Rural Medicine—4 weeks
Community Hospital—4 weeks
Community Health—2 weeks
Elective/sub-I—20 weeks

MU-COM

We are pleased to announce that Volume 5 of the MU-COM DOCTOR Series is in the portal for accepted and deposited students.

Enjoy,
MU-COM Admissions

We are pleased to announce that Volume 6 of the DO Series is in the portal for accepted and deposited students.

This volume is a repeat of an email sent earlier in the week to those who had not deposited. For those who had deposited, you will find the first-ever endorsed statistics about the MU-COM inaugural class.

Volume 7 will be released before May 24th.

Regards,
MU-COM Admissions

We are pleased to announce that Volume 6 of the DO Series is in the portal for accepted and deposited students.

This volume is a repeat of an email sent earlier in the week to those who had not deposited. For those who had deposited, you will find the first-ever endorsed statistics about the MU-COM inaugural class.

Volume 7 will be released before May 24th.

Regards,
MU-COM Admissions

Can't wait to see what's in volume 7!!

Volume 7 is online in the portal for deposited students! Topics include the following items:

Conditions Update
Evans Center Ribbon Cutting
Orientation
White Coat Ceremony
Name Changes
Curriculum Update
Registration Information
Semester Bills
Financial Aid Checklist
MU-COM Scholarship (for Indiana residents)
Textbook Information
Diagnostic Supplies Reminder
iPad Mini/iPad
Summer Preparation Ideas
Faculty Profiles (for new hires)
Housing Options
In the News ... and more!

Enjoy reading and have a nice weekend!

MU-COM Admissions

Anyone who is starting at MU and is interested in an OMT table, I have a nice unused table thats about 2 years old. Its one of the Torrance tables, I believe was $300 new but I'll let it go for $200. Here is a link- its blue color with the carrying case. I'm located in Indy, BTW so you can come check it out.

http://www.torrancecompany.com/products/tables.html

Edit, they are actually $280 + $45 for shipping, or were when I got mine.

Last edited:
The list of required diagnostic supplies for the MU-COM DO Class of 2017 was sent today via email attachment.

Regards,
MU-COM