MSUCOM vs ACOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hello,

I was recently accepted to both MSUCOM and ACOM and trying to decide what the better choice is. I saw the old thread from 2019 but didn’t know if people had newer information. I’ll have to move to attend either of the schools.

Thanks I’m advance!

Members don't see this ad.

What are your pros vs cons for each school. Make a list and that will help us give advice. I will say as an ACOM student I would leave towards MSUCOM because of its extensive GME associated with the school

Reactions: 1 user
Obviously, MSUCOM is the better option here, but if you're going to be paying out of state tuition, and if there is a significant difference in tuition (10K or more), I would probably lean towards the cheaper option because ACOM is still a fine school IMO.

Reactions: 1 users
If you can stomach the cold and cost go to MSU. With step going p/f you need all the connections you can get and their GME network is probably the best of all the DO schools

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I was recently accepted to both MSUCOM and ACOM and trying to decide what the better choice is. I saw the old thread from 2019 but didn’t know if people had newer information. I’ll have to move to attend either of the schools.

Thanks I’m advance!
MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide.

Unless the tuition is drastically different, go to MSUCOM.

Yeah dude I don’t care if they have ties to the literal devil if I get a spot in my desired field and MSU is one of the best options for that in the DO world.

Reactions: 6 users
Unless the tuition is drastically different, go to MSUCOM.

Yeah dude I don’t care if they have ties to the literal devil if I get a spot in my desired field and MSU is one of the best options for that in the DO world.
Using the GI bill and yellow ribbon top off its going to be significantly cheaper to go to MSUCOM for me.

The Larry N. and Louis R. scandals are both done since neither of them are practicing in Michigan anymore. Larry N. is in prison and Louis R. is in a different state so he's not Michigan's problem anymore. So don't worry about either of them. MSUCOM has a lot of associated residency programs.

So hoov-man, did you get a spot at MSUCOM? How do you like it so far? I've heard a lot of good things about MSUCOM as well.
I couldn't agree with you more about how Larry Nassar and ************** are no longer affecting MSUCOM's reputation. No provider from Michigan will ever have future patients who will get sexually abused by Larry Nassar or who will have sex in exchange for getting cannabis and ecstacy from **************. Even the Twistars gymnastics club in Lansing has changed to a different ownership.

Reactions: 1 user
So hoov-man, did you get a spot at MSUCOM? How do you like it so far? I've heard a lot of good things about MSUCOM as well.
I couldn't agree with you more about how Larry Nassar and ************** are no longer affecting MSUCOM's reputation. No provider from Michigan will ever have future patients who will get sexually abused by Larry Nassar or who will have sex in exchange for getting cannabis and ecstacy from **************. Even the Twistars gymnastics club in Lansing has changed to a different ownership.
I was not an applicant of the appropriate caliber to receive an interview at the illustrious MSUCOM.

I was just making the point that MSUCOM is a great DO school.