MSUCHM: East Lansing vs Grand Rapids Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed1387

Reaction score
The deadline for choosing between the MSUCHM East Lansing campus and the MSUCHM grand rapids campus is coming up on April 5th. Given that this cycle has been virtual I am having a difficult time choosing which campus I would like to go to. It seems like the opportunities available at either campus are similar and won't affect future residency/career opportunities. While the facilities at Grand Rapids might be newer, East Lansing does have an undergrad feel which I would personally prefer. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Would you prefer to live in Grand Rapids, which has a more city vibe to it, or East Lansing, which is more of a college town vibe? East Lansing will probably have more students and young people. Rent might be cheaper out in East Lansing. Grand Rapids is more of a city vibe, so there is probably more to do. Keep in mind that the distance from Grand Rapids to East Lansing is only an hour. So you can travel to GR if you do decide on East Lansing. It is really up to your personal preference, but I currently in GR if you have any questions about the city.