General MSc Acceptance - what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated from an Honours BSc in June and I am starting a MSc (research-based) in rehabilitation sciences for 24 months. My plan is to write the MCAT this summer, therefore, I can apply to med as soon as I finish Masters.

Few Questions:

1) I got into a MSc at McMaster University and at the University of Toronto... I can't decide which one to choose. They are the same program, however, at McMaster, the program is in the Faculty of Health Sciences and UofT it's in the Faculty of Medicine. My topic at Mac would be COPD and at UofT would be mental health and episodic disability. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. My supervisor at Mac would be the Dean, however, UofT offers a higher stipend. ANY THOUGHTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. I have to decide by tonight.

2) How does a MSc help with med school admissions/applications?
You're likely going to remain focused on Canadian medical schools, so I think the additional graduate degrees can help. The semantics of your medical school where you are getting your masters is trivial, as is the topic of your work. I don't know about cost of living between both schools, but you want to be put into a situation where you are most comfortable with finances and student support.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.