MS 2's and 3's I need your advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tcat

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
From looking at the tracks given, and the advice to have the rotations in fields you are more interested in placed in the latter half of your 3rd year how did you decide which one was best for you???

I'm not sure what I might want to do my residency in... how did you guys come to your individual decisions ????

Help pleaseundefinedundefined

Members don't see this ad.

At PCOM you get to select your rotation group...or rank them anyway...and then you are placed in the group you selected via a lottery system. The track of rotations was pre-set and everyone does the same rotations in the same order, depending on your starting clerkship.

For me, I wanted to start with something that I knew I didnt want to do as a career, but also something that wouldnt kick my butt.

So I started with pediatrics. Then a few primary care rotations and the end of my 3rd year will be surgeries and OB/GYN...the rougher clerkships here at PCOM.

You can really do it any way that works for you. Your electives are more important that anything else. You want to make sure you do these at places you are interested in doing a residency at.

As long as you do well on your rotations and leave a good impression at the different sites, it really doesnt matter where you go for your rotations. Good things will get forwarded on about you and bad things will get forwarded faster. Small community we live in.

Good luck

tcat said:
From looking at the tracks given, and the advice to have the rotations in fields you are more interested in placed in the latter half of your 3rd year how did you decide which one was best for you???

I'm not sure what I might want to do my residency in... how did you guys come to your individual decisions ????

Help pleaseundefinedundefined