This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SurgMD24

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to this program and am looking for more details about the program such as: Expected interview questions, Extensiveness of the program, Do you have the ability to work while in the program? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was want to apply to this program this coming summer. Did you get into the program and if so how did it go

Bump...
Anyone know how people did in this program and if students were able to matriculate into medical school after one year instead of waiting two?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I was want to apply to this program this coming summer. Did you get into the program and if so how did it go
Yes I got into the program it’s hard but great.
Bump...
Anyone know how people did in this program and if students were able to matriculate into medical school after one year instead of waiting two?
They took just about 20 students. Yes, you can matriculate into the MD program after completing 1 year if you entered with a certain GPA.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I got into the program it’s hard but great.

They took just about 20 students. Yes, you can matriculate into the MD program after completing 1 year if you entered with a certain GPA.
But you won’t receice the masters degree correct?

I got an interview invite for the program. What’s interview day like?

I have an interview next Wednesday. From what I researched, they mostly ask you about your experiences.

Hey, I recently applied for this program and I was wondering if anyone can offer me any updated info on how things are going and if they felt the program was truly beneficial. Also, on the website I don’t see anywhere that mentions a linkage to MD program upon successfully meeting certain requirements during the 1st or 2nd year. Does this offer still stand or is it just something that is further expressed once you get in?

Hey, I recently applied for this program and I was wondering if anyone can offer me any updated info on how things are going and if they felt the program was truly beneficial. Also, on the website I don’t see anywhere that mentions a linkage to MD program upon successfully meeting certain requirements during the 1st or 2nd year. Does this offer still stand or is it just something that is further expressed once you get in?

I'm a first year student, and it's a "post-bacc" (Master's) program with one of the highest success rates in getting students into MD programs for a reason. Acceptance into the MD program is *no guarantee,* though; it must be earned. It's competitive to gain acceptance to and rigorous once accepted. If you're willing to grind your butt off, you have a shot of getting in. The best part about this program is we take the same classes MD students take but a slower pace. They're taught by the same professors with very similar exams. If you can get into this program, your foot is well in the door. It's a matter of *getting in.* Also, MSMS students who apply for MD receive special consideration, so there are seats open for MSMS students. The competition is fierce, though.

For most, the MCAT is a stumbling block, but first semester taught us skills to tackle it. Very few gain acceptance after one year because most need more time preparing for the MCAT, but it's possible (just unlikely). After a semester, I was one of several who re-took my MCAT in January and was one of few--if not the only one--who received an MD interview invite. My classmates knew me as someone who worked tirelessly, which proves it's possible with grinding.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how early they send out interview invites to the program? Or are we playing the waiting game until May?

If I remember correctly, I finished my MSMS application in late March 2019 and received an emailed II early April. I don't know about others, though.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a first year student, and it's a "post-bacc" (Master's) program with one of the highest success rates in getting students into MD programs for a reason. Acceptance into the MD program is *no guarantee,* though; it must be earned. It's competitive to gain acceptance to and rigorous once accepted. If you're willing to grind your butt off, you have a shot of getting in. The best part about this program is we take the same classes MD students take but a slower pace. They're taught by the same professors with very similar exams. If you can get into this program, your foot is well in the door. It's a matter of *getting in.* Also, MSMS students who apply for MD receive special consideration, so there are seats open for MSMS students. The competition is fierce, though.

For most, the MCAT is a stumbling block, but first semester taught us skills to tackle it. Very few gain acceptance after one year because most need more time preparing for the MCAT, but it's possible (just unlikely). After a semester, I was one of several who re-took my MCAT in January and was one of few--if not the only one--who received an MD interview invite. My classmates knew me as someone who worked tirelessly, which proves it's possible with grinding.
Hey I just DM’d you asking a question! :)