More students are entering pharmacy school and the number of available jobs for pharmacists continues to decrease

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Full-time Boston university MBA program charges $55,480 and $932 for fees, room and board at $14,190 books and supplies at $1,574 and other incidentals at $4,374, totally ~$63k a year.
On edx, BU MBA charges 24k for the entire online program, and they pay as they go on a flexible personal schedule. BU MBA is ranked 37 nationally btw.

Creighton and whatever no-name school can charge whatever they want, but when top schools like UPenn, UIUC, GaTech only charge 25k, 24k, and 6.6k for their entire fully-accredited online master of computer science program that share the same degree as their on-campus versions, whoever wants to pay 10X as much for a pharm degree from a no-name school is pretty much an idiot.

There are already students paying 300k+ for no name pharmacy schools. I guarantee they will pay the same if the schools were online only. Students would prefer that anyway, why wear a stupid white coat to class when you can watch lectures in your pajamas?

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
There are already students paying 300k+ for no name pharmacy schools. I guarantee they will pay the same if the schools were online only. Students would prefer that anyway, why wear a stupid white coat to class when you can watch lectures in your pajamas?
good for them, and I will be happy for them too. when they default on their loans, i will just laugh my ass off at those idiots. ;)
They totally deserve that~

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
good for them, and I will be happy for them too. when they default on their loans, i will just laugh my ass off at those idiots. ;)
They totally deserve that~
I missed the memo. You preach AI, automation, data science etc. yet you went to pharm school like the rest of us suckers and have $200k+ debt too so financially you’re in still the same boat as everyone else. Why are you sitting on a high chair now?

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I missed the memo. You preach AI, automation, data science etc. yet you went to pharm school like the rest of us suckers and have $200k+ debt too so financially you’re in still the same boat as everyone else. Why are you sitting on a high chair now?
good luck catching me haha, I have a <30k total student loan debt right now, and my stock and real estate investments are getting me ~$200k within last 3 years.

did i ever mention to you that i rent to fellow pharm students? they pay for all my bills~:p

Not a bad idea. I should buy real estate by the schools
yeah, do that~ those students are easy cash-cows. :D
they have no financial sense and just wanna live within the commutable range. when you have 1-2 tenants, they will quickly spread the word for you to other students. I rarely have to advertise online, the word of mouth will be enough to do the trick. split the room up and rent as much as you can:D

they have no financial sense and just wanna live within the commutable range. when you have 1-2 tenants, they will quickly spread the word for you to other students. I rarely have to advertise online, the word of mouth will be enough to do the trick. split the room up and rent as much as you can:D
You are machine, no empathy. Major shark and predator out there ahhaha

Honorary MBA

did i ever mention to you that i rent to fellow pharm students? they pay for all my bills~:p

That's awesome! What kind of units do you own? Apartments, multifamily?

That's awesome! What kind of units do you own? Apartments, multifamily?
when i quit my pharma job and went back to school, i made a deal with my parents who initially offered to pay my tuition. i took cfa level 1 during that summer, and the concept of time value of $$$ was still damn fresh on my mind. so i offered to go to the cheapest school and instead of letting them pay my tuition, i will just "borrow" that money to do the investments. they happily agreed, and co-signed my mortgage, which was still kinda low at that point and negotiated a fixed 5 year interest rate, just before i officially quit my job.
I bought a townhouse, when the market was still kinda cool. did a bunch of renovation myself and made a room out of the living room and 2 rooms out of the basement, plus the 3 bedrooms on the 2nd floor, I charge 750 for the 3 bedrooms on 2nd floor, 800 for the former living room, and 500 for the two basement. my mortgage is now 1500 a month, and management fee is like 500 a month, plus property tax and other utilities. whatever left is enough to cover my living cost :p

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
You are slumlord hahahah
and the king of the unit:p, i order my tenants, yeah essentially people from my cohort and other faculties to clean up their crap or i can always kick someone out and get a new tenant. there are always students around, so i don't really care.;)

when i quit my pharma job and went back to school, i made a deal with my parents who initially offered to pay my tuition. i took cfa level 1 during that summer, and the concept of time value of $$$ was still damn fresh on my mind. so i offered to go to the cheapest school and instead of letting them pay my tuition, i will just "borrow" that money to do the investments. they happily agreed, and co-signed my mortgage, which was still kinda low at that point and negotiated a fixed 5 year interest rate, just before i officially quit my job.
I bought a townhouse, when the market was still kinda cool. did a bunch of renovation myself and made a room out of the living room and 2 rooms out of the basement, plus the 3 bedrooms on the 2nd floor, I charge 750 for the 3 bedrooms on 2nd floor, 800 for the former living room, and 500 for the two basement. my mortgage is now 1500 a month, and management fee is like 500 a month, plus property tax and other utilities. whatever left is enough to cover my living cost :p

Wow!! $4050/mo rental income for a $1500 mortgage! These students pay anything, unbelievable!

Nice. The world is your oyster.
schools can embezzle the **** out of dumb students. i am still a long way to go learning from them.
i preach AI, data science and automation cuz that's what i will be doing next. in fact, i would LOVE to see more big techs, apple, google and tech startups in addition to amazon to get into the pharmacy market, so by the time i am officially done with all full-time and part-time studying, i can seize the opportunity and make the most out of it, hopefully with that pharmd degree too. so nothing will be wasted, even if i eventually switch to a tech role.

and personally, i don't really care about the pharmacist market. the old-day pharmacists have already enjoyed their fair share of golden days, and new grads should have enough foresight to predict and see how the market will move and what they sign up for when they decided to go to pharm school. even if the pharmacist profession go down the toilet tomorrow, at least i have made my investments earlier and hedged my bets with computer science and data science. worst case scenario, i can still be the landlord i always am and just live off my tenants, while studying for data science full time and be done with that by 2021. but that's the worst case scenario, in most likely scenario, i can always go back to pharma and be a sas programmer or data analyst and clear all my student loan debt within months. ;)

Wow!! $4050/mo rental income for a $1500 mortgage! These students pay anything, unbelievable!
~$3500 a month roughly. i am living inside the unit, in one of the basement rooms:p

schools can embezzle the **** out of dumb students. i am still a long way to go learning from them.
i preach AI, data science and automation cuz that's what i will be doing next. in fact, i would LOVE to see more big techs, apple, google and tech startups in addition to amazon to get into the pharmacy market, so by the time i am officially done with all full-time and part-time studying, i can seize the opportunity and make the most out of it, hopefully with that pharmd degree too. so nothing will be wasted, even if i eventually switch to a tech role.

and personally, i don't really care about the pharmacist market. the old-day pharmacists have already enjoyed their fair share of golden days, and new grads should have enough foresight to predict and see how the market will move and what they sign up for when they decided to go to pharm school. even if the pharmacist profession go down the toilet tomorrow, at least i have made my investments earlier and hedged my bets with computer science and data science. worst case scenario, i can still be the landlord i always am and just live off my tenants, while studying for data science full time and be done with that by 2021. but that's the worst case scenario, in most likely scenario, i can always go back to pharma and be a sas programmer or data analyst and clear all my student loan debt within months. ;)
I hope not, I still have 2-3 years lifespan in pharmacy before I make the transition either to Tech/finance or Government. And I also need to take my diplomat exam

I hope not, I still have 2-3 years lifespan in pharmacy before I make the transition either to Tech/finance or Government. And I also need to take my diplomat exam
3-4 years from now is enough. even if amazon invades pharmacy tomorrow, it will still take them some time to take out CVS and Walgreens. but realistically speaking though, it shouldn't take more than 5 years for amazon to dominate the retail or mail-order pharmacy business once they are officially in. they just have too vast of customer base to leverage from. It's like apple services sector. they were initially just a side business a few years ago. now it is about the size of a fortune 500 company if it spins off.