Montclair State Univeristy = Sc.D. and everywhere else = Au.D. ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zorlio

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Montclair State University in NJ gives an Sc.D. in Audiology instead of an Au.D.

Does anyone know if there is a difference b/w the two? From what I've seen online it doesn't really matter because they offer a clinical-track are accredited by asha.

Members don't see this ad.

there is no distinct difference. the ScD is designed to differentiate between Aud's who got their masters, went back and got their AuD in a 2 yr, prolly online program, and those who did a 4 year doctoral program.

my guess is you are looking at MSU and thats why u r curious. my advice is to withdrawal your application ASAP. their program is weak, and the faculty is atrocious. knew a colleague who attended, that info is straight from the source.

there is no distinct difference. the ScD is designed to differentiate between Aud's who got their masters, went back and got their AuD in a 2 yr, prolly online program, and those who did a 4 year doctoral program.

my guess is you are looking at MSU and thats why u r curious. my advice is to withdrawal your application ASAP. their program is weak, and the faculty is atrocious. knew a colleague who attended, that info is straight from the source.

thanks for the info

I was asking on someone else's behalf; that person got accepted into MSU, the only school out of 3 that accepted this individual (the other two schools the person applied to were cuny grad school and adelphi); better MSU than none, right? - if it's really as bad as you hear

anyone else have opinions on the program at MSU?

well since i just learned i am going to PCO and not montclair, ill put it yo you straight.

if ur friend is a girl, theyll get along fine. program is ran by all women and all the women students get graduated assistantships. men on the other hand are paying for the wrongs of past generations.....

the person i speak of has records of instances where they had done other students work, and received good grades on "their" assignments while receiviong bad grades on his. my friend has always gotten good grades; finished under grad with 3.4. the teachers are just bad: they spend their time unethically peddling product lines they work for instead of teaching their students. i could go on for a while here, but ill leave it short and simple: tell your friend reapply to better schools, get grades up over next year, and dont waste your time and money. if he applies to those other schools, he/she has shown they can assume the price range of other schools such as PCO, gallaudet, nova, etc etc