Missed Oriel NHS Foundation Program Application Deadline. (International student in a U.K medical school)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clibnarius

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm starting my final year in a U.K medical school this October

However, I had a flare up of a chronic illness and in the resulting disruption and I missed the 22nd September deadline for applying to the UKFP via oriel.

Yes, I know it was very stupid of me, illness notwithstanding, but I'm already aware of that, so no need to tell me.
biggrin.png

I know I can apply to start my Foundation Program in 2023,

However, the issue is that I am an international student and not a U.K permanent resident, and I hold a Non-U.K/Non-EU Passport.

Would I still be able to apply the same way as I did if I had been able to apply for the 2022 foundation program? Or will I have to apply as if I had graduated from a non-U.K/Non-EU medical school and jump through the same hoops as someone who had graduated from medical school outside the U.K?

To sum up, will the fact that I have a medical degree from the U.K count for anything if I apply to apply for a foundation program job in the next application cycle?

Any constructive advice or leads are welcome.

P.S: I have already emailed the UKFPO helpline and am trying to arrange a meeting with an NHS career advise

Members don't see this ad.