Minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Manicsleep

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I came, I saw and I wasn't impressed.
The city was pretty cool although I am more looking forward to Boston I must admit.

The lectures were kind of boring and there was nothing that jumped out. It seems like they are trying to appeal to a very non medical, non sleep crowd and if thats the case, whats the point of being a member.

Anyways, one more year (unless 2013 is in SF or San Diego or other nice west coast city) and I am done with sleep meetings for a while.

Members don't see this ad.

I think it can depend on what classes you attend. Some of those workshops and courses were clearly not going to be of significant clinical value...more or academic interest. Nor were any of the classes as formal and intensive as those at the annual AAN conferences from what I could see. The counterpoint is that the sleep classes are free (even if you don't get pre-made slide sets or study materials).

Yeah, I won't be taking my wife for any romantic vacations to Minnesota. Minneapolis was cold (61 degrees and raining in mid-June!) and certainly wouldn't be my proverbial cup of tea for normal travel plans. But I'm sure many people from that part of the country would feel negatively about the South (my home). And my travel choices admittedly revolve around heat, beaches, and seafood.

I enjoyed the classes and will keep going for the forseeable future. Still, I wouldn't mind a conference in Honolulu, Miami, or Orlando. Are you listening APSS? It's worth the extra money.

. Still, I wouldn't mind a conference in Honolulu, Miami, or Orlando. Are you listening APSS? It's worth the extra money.

I wouldn't mind one in Vegas- I was late getting to this APSS meeting because I was playing in one of the World Series of Poker events in Vegas (not the 10,000 main event). Good seeing you at the meeting, danielmd06.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honolulu ok

But miami, orlando or vegas in June?

Do you guys remember last year? That was miserable. Seattle was awesome. Toronto or Vancouver would be cool.

ANCHORAGE!

I wouldn't mind one in Vegas- I was late getting to this APSS meeting because I was playing in one of the World Series of Poker events in Vegas (not the 10,000 main event). Good seeing you at the meeting, danielmd06.

Yep. I'd be happy with Vegas, Anchorage, or Vancouver. I was in Toronto recently and it was nice, too. Vegas is actually a great idea now that I think of it.

Always good to see you Dr. Rack!

Yep. I'd be happy with Vegas, Anchorage, or Vancouver. I was in Toronto recently and it was nice, too. Vegas is actually a great idea now that I think of it.

Always good to see you Dr. Rack!

Montreal would also be very nice in June.