Minnesota vs Oregon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimmxth

UMN C/O '28
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was accepted to Minnesota a while back but just got an email saying I was pulled off the Oregon waitlist yesterday. I was hoping to gain some insight from current students of the school and city! I'd be OOS for both schools, coming from CA.
I was able to attend admitted students day for UMN and was very impressed with how positively the students and faculty spoke about the school and collaborative student body. Unfortunately, I will be unable to visit Oregon before the decision deadline, so I'm really hoping there are some students on here that will be able to speak for the school in terms of how the class gets along and if it seems more collaborative vs competitive.
I'd love to hear about what life in both places outside of vet school is as well, and what traveling back home looks like for those who have family outside of the state/country (how easy is it to get to the airport/travel).
I am aware of the high cost of OOS tuition for UMN versus Oregon State, but would love to know more about both schools and opportunities that have come up from attending the vet school you're at!
Thank you so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
as a thread lurker, who is active in the Minnesota groupme, I also vote minnesota