Military service scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dena

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone applying for HPSP (Health Professions Scholarship Program)? If so, has your paperwork been submitted and do you have any idea how competitive it is? Paying for school has been on mind quite a bit lately, although schools have reassured me that loan money is available. Thanks in advance for any information...

Members don't see this ad.

Dena,
I am planning on applying to that program although I admit I really don't know as much about it as I would like. I requested information several months ago and was told that applications would not be available until January.

I would be interested in hearing what everyone else knows about this program, its competitiveness etc.

Carrie

Hi all,

Has anyone considered the National Health Service Corps? At all of my interviews they say quite a bit about the military programs, but only mention NHSC in passing. Does anyone know anymore about it?

Stef

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi there everyone. I'm currently a first
year student at OUCOM in Athens, Ohio and
am on the 4 year Navy HPSP scholarship...
I also received the 4 year Army HPSP but
turned it down, so if you have any questions
about either of the processes or about
OUCOM, drop me a line at [email protected].
Talk to you soon!

Cheers,

Warren Hsu

I was an Army officer for 6 years prior to applying to DO school this year. If anyone has any general questions about the military I would be happy to field them to the best of my ability.