Midwestern University c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview invite email came in a 4AM today!!! Nervous and excited. (2nd cycle of apps, 1st OOS to MWU) Good luck everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
First time OOS! Submitted last week. Will update when anything comes through my portal!

Have the interview tomorrow morning!! First time OOS applicant. Wish me luckkkk

Reactions: 4 users
How did everyone do with their interview today? Any tips? Is it really a full day? Types of questions?

Interview wasn’t bad. Fairly relaxed. Practice questions online like general interview ones and you’ll be good! It’s not too full of a day for a good portion of it you’re waiting for your intevriew time or waiting for others to be done watch the dean do a presentation and then a student panel. Overall a very positive experience I think my favorite of the 3 I’ve done so far !

Goodluck to anyone interviewing in the next few weeks! Just be yourself I’m sure you’ll kill it :)
Interview wasn’t bad. Fairly relaxed. Practice questions online like general interview ones and you’ll be good! It’s not too full of a day for a good portion of it you’re waiting for your intevriew time or waiting for others to be done watch the dean do a presentation and then a student panel. Overall a very positive experience I think my favorite of the 3 I’ve done so far !

Thanks for the speedy reply.......3?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh I have no idea how I did on the interview today. I was in the last group to go and I got the vibe my interviewers were ready to go home by that point

How long was the experience? The window of 7:45-4 is soooo broad. Is the interview really a whole day event? Thank you!!!

How long was the experience? The window of 7:45-4 is soooo broad. Is the interview really a whole day event? Thank you!!!
Basically there’s time slots for interviews from like 8-12 you go in groups of like 5 students at a time. A lot of the time is spent waiting for the others to interview or for your turn (this was virtual so I can’t speak for in person). But you basically would just turn your camera off and wait for a lot of it. Then there’s a PowerPoint about the school the dean goes through and then a student panel to ask questions! I liked the experience overall. Good luck to everyone else interviewing in the coming weeks :)

Reactions: 2 users
First time OOS! Submitted my application on the 8th, so now just sitting and waiting🧍‍♂️

Thanks for the speedy reply.......3?
For me there were a lot of situationals. I think the interviewees have list of questions and they just pick from them on the spot. You get 35 minutes. It was a chill interview but I don't think I did it well. :,)

For me there were a lot of situationals. I think the interviewees have list of questions and they just pick from them on the spot. You get 35 minutes. It was a chill interview but I don't think I did it well. :,)
What makes you say that? Remember, they choose YOU! :) Maybe better than you think...was this your first interview?

Reactions: 1 users
2nd time OOS
Interview waitlisted last cycle , never interviewed and already waitlisted for interview this cycle;
Each time I have been waitlisted for interview about a week after submitting my application. Not too sure if that's a good or bad sign. :/

Random question, what all is listed under everyone's Applicant Checklist? Mine just says my recommendation letters were received, wanting to make sure I'm not missing something!

Random question, what all is listed under everyone's Applicant Checklist? Mine just says my recommendation letters were received, wanting to make sure I'm not missing something
That’s all mine says as well!

That’s all mine says as well!
Okay cool, I had a moment where I was like OMG THEY'RE MISSING MY STUFF...now if I could only stop obsessively refreshing to see if I have any portal updates.

Second time OOS! I interviewed last year and was waitlisted if anyone has any questions!

People who interview today can you let us know if they tell you when they’re going to meet to review apps if they happen to mention it:) they told us last Wednesday after the first in person group so I was just curious :)

Does anyone who had the in-person interview have any comments on how it went? Pros or Cons? Thoughts about the process?

Can anyone share the format of interviews for Midwestern? Multiple interviews? Multiple interviewers at one time? Types of questions. Etc

2 intevriewers for the virtual and a mix of some regular questions like “why Midwestern” and some situation based (think casper)

How long was the actual virtual interview?

People who interview today can you let us know if they tell you when they’re going to meet to review apps if they happen to mention it:) they told us last Wednesday after the first in person group so I was just curious :)
For us who interviewed on 9/28 they said they will meet on 10/5 so some ppl might hear back on 10/6! But they also said…maybe a month if they don’t get to review your application/interview by then

Did anyone in this group have their virtual interview today? How do you think it went? Thoughts?

For those who have received interview invites, how soon after applying did you hear from them?

For us who interviewed on 9/28 they said they will meet on 10/5 so some ppl might hear back on 10/6! But they also said…maybe a month if they don’t get to review your application/interview by then

Does this mean that they won’t be sending out another round of interview invites until at least 10/5?

Does this mean that they won’t be sending out another round of interview invites until at least 10/5?
I submitted 8/14 and heard back like 9/6 I wanna say so like a month? Also maybe then or after the last round of interview that were an option which I think was like 10/11

What makes you say that? Remember, they choose YOU! :) Maybe better than you think...was this your first interview?
No, it was my third. Never will be "used to interviews" lol

Got the dreaded interview waitlist email 😭🥲

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone who has already interviewed heard anything yet?

Did they say how long it will take?
They told us at the first interview on the 20th that it could take up to 30 days but would likely be shorter since we’re so early on in the interview like time. But it’s been 3 weeks basically so I’m assuming it’ll be the 30 days I guess

So I checked my portal and saw an accepted student checklist but got no email yet!! I think this means I got in so if you’re waiting maybe check your portals!

Reactions: 2 users
So I checked my portal and saw an accepted student checklist but got no email yet!! I think this means I got in so if you’re waiting maybe check your portals!
At least I’m hoping im like pretty sure though bc it wasn’t there previously!!