Midwestern AZ vs ASDOH vs UNLV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dream Creek

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I really need help on this, my mind has been going back and forth ever since Dec 1st. If cost is not an issue (since if we go to UNLV, my husband will have to change jobs and probably get a pay cut), which one would you choose? Which one is the best for specialization in the future?

Most important deciding factor for me is to make connections and specialize in the future, but still get good quality education for general dentistry if I don't make it to specialty

Any input will be helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

I know that Midwestern AZ is known to graduate very proficient dentists, ones that have the necessary skills to continue on to specialties. Plus, the faculty preaches classmate-interaction learning in which you are all "in it together" and help one anoter out during dental school. I think that's pretty valuable. Of course it's whatever you want to do! Good luck

Since you have a husband with an established job I personally wouldn’t mess with that. Stick to the Arizona schools. I loved Midwestern but it was so expensive, not sure if ASDOH is cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

ASDOH unfortunately now is just as expensive as Midwestern. But ASDOH does have ortho as specialty to to help build the connections... midwestern also has no research which will not help on specializing later. midwestern does has better teacher though! I am confused

ASDOH unfortunately now is just as expensive as Midwestern. But ASDOH does have ortho as specialty to to help build the connections... midwestern also has no research which will not help on specializing later. midwestern does has better teacher though! I am confused
Midwestern does have research, its in their mission statement. However, they aren't focused on research and aim to produce general dentists.