Midwestern AZ graduates!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsmekook

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a pre-dental student who is about to go into a dental program next Fall. Dec 1st is coming up, and if I get into Midwestern, I would like to highly consider to go there.

After talking with many people, only things I could hear about the school are facilities and faculties. I was very impressed by them when I went there for an interview.

But, I'd like to know how graduates from Midwestern AZ are doing out there. I know not many graduates are out there. Hopefully, some of you have had chance to work with them share what you think about them.

How you feel how the school prepared them?

Members don't see this ad.

Tons of clinical experience, great environment and culture, and faculty/facilities are absolutely incredible.
Loved the school. Absolutely loved it. But i'm biased. haha

Hello,

I am a current first year dental student at Midwestern! I absolutely love my school and I am so happy I chose Midwestern. We offer a Summer Sim Course for Pre-Dental students. If you are considering this school, I would highly recommend attending! PM me if you would like more details or would like to hear about my experience! Good Luck with everything!

Members don't see this ad :)
@Flossy55 glad to see that the sim course is still alive and well :) I can remember when we were still planning our firsts ever like it was yesterday! Enjoy your ride while you're there and take advantage of the wonderful pre-clin faculty. Tell the Kramers and everyone of the simlab world i said hello!

Did you find that you were better prepared or performed better than other graduates in your GPRs?
I am also strongly considering Midwestern ....currently live on the East Coast

So i'm just finishing up the OMFS interview trail and I go to Midwestern. I've been able to discuss and compare schools with a lot of other students. Personally, the didactics at Midwestern is poor - but that's common with dentists trying to be teachers. However, the clinical aspects of Midwestern are really phenomenal. Yes there are other schools with similar experience, but overall the experience at Midwestern really is unmatched. Being paired D3 with a D4 and performing all the procedures your patient needs is unique and wonderful (most schools you work by yourself and refer everything to specialties). You also have your own dedicated operatory, which is awesome. Yeah there are a lot of nitty gritty things I hate and things that annoy me, but overall everyone coming out of Midwestern is ready to hit the ground running.
Also the whole cost thing is bunch a poo. Ya it sucks a ton and should really be considered. But that's for dental school in general. Every dental school is crazy expensive (except for like 10). Thats just my thoughts.

Don't want to be too picky, but just out of curiosity what do you mean by the nitty gritty things? o_O
Thanks for the really detailed response. This is the general response that I get from most people I have spoken to. I am pretty sure I will be accepting Midwestern ;)

Did you find that you were better prepared or performed better than other graduates in your GPRs?
I am also strongly considering Midwestern ....currently live on the East Coast
yes, that's one of the main reasons i felt so confident in my GPR. i noticed that we did a lot more while in school, and were trained to perform more. one of the main reasons is we had no specialty programs (except for a rotating OS resident), so we got to do a lot more scope of dentistry and a lot more volume of dentistry compared to most graduates i was exposed to.

Reactions: 1 user
yes, that's one of the main reasons i felt so confident in my GPR. i noticed that we did a lot more while in school, and were trained to perform more. one of the main reasons is we had no specialty programs (except for a rotating OS resident), so we got to do a lot more scope of dentistry and a lot more volume of dentistry compared to most graduates i was exposed to.

Anything you did not like about Midwestern?

Definitely ...but I have to say that other schools such as NYU, BU and Tufts which are my other options pretty much cost the same but with an added and hidden expense of a high cost of living.
Thank you for your responses!

exactly. unless you're going to a state school, this point starts to be moot. either way, very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very important to consider nonetheless.

@Flossy55 glad to see that the sim course is still alive and well :) I can remember when we were still planning our firsts ever like it was yesterday! Enjoy your ride while you're there and take advantage of the wonderful pre-clin faculty. Tell the Kramers and everyone of the simlab world i said hello!

That is so awesome!!! I'm glad we have been able to keep it around and going strong! This is truly an amazing school, loving every minute of it! I'll definitely say Hi to Dr. Kramer! Thanks for reaching out :)