Microbiology pre-req

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bravotwozero

Chronically ambitious
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if I could fulfill the microbiology requirement with the following course:

SC/BIOL2900 3.0M Clinical Microbiology for Nurses 2007

An introductory course in medical micorbiology designed for students entering nursing. Topics include: structure/function relationships of viruses, bacteria and fungi; physical and chemical control of microbial growth; human/microbe interactions; immunology; major diseases of humans; epidemiology and public health. Three lecture hours. One term. Three credits

Do you think it would suffice?

Members don't see this ad.

bravotwozero said:
Hi, I was wondering if I could fulfill the microbiology requirement with the following course:

SC/BIOL2900 3.0M Clinical Microbiology for Nurses 2007

An introductory course in medical micorbiology designed for students entering nursing. Topics include: structure/function relationships of viruses, bacteria and fungi; physical and chemical control of microbial growth; human/microbe interactions; immunology; major diseases of humans; epidemiology and public health. Three lecture hours. One term. Three credits

Do you think it would suffice?

I don't think anyone on SDN will know the answer to your question unless they are on an admissions committee. My completely uneducated guess would be yes, it would suffice, but... the smart answer is "Check with the schools you are applying to!"

I'm pretty sure that the micro class has to have a lab (almost certian of it). I'm taking a nursing micro class right now that does have a lab but just check with the schools to be sure. I actually took an advanced micro class 2 years ago but no lab so it didn't count! sigh