Miami Miller vs Iowa Carver

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

integratethis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I went to undergrad in the state of Iowa (not U. of Iowa), so I can only speak on the aspect of life in Iowa. I really enjoyed my time there (I moved out of Iowa about 6 years ago). Iowa City where Carver is located is a super neat college town and everyone there is really friendly. The weather there can get brutally cold (whereas the weather can get brutally hot in Miami lol). I can't say much about the medical schools themselves, sorry.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Both schools are beautiful. I haven't seen UM's fin aide package yet. But Iowa was pretty generous. But Miami is nice and warm. Climate wouldn't sway you towards U of M? And UM is MD/MPH in 4 years. I can't decide, first world problems...I know.

Can't say I know much about the details of either school... but probably worth asking yourself if you want to spend 4 years in Iowa.

Full disclosure I've been accepted to Miami. I don't know much about Iowa, but I fell in love with Miller. 24/7 clinical exp, Jackson memorial hospital, abundance of clinical research, you name it. Oh, and the weather!

Come be my future classmate!