MH testing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Agast

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have familiarity with how to order the caffeine halothane test outpatient?

Members don't see this ad.

Only a few centers across the country offer it. MHAUS Home - MHAUS has all that info and a call in line to help you out.

I have done an unusually high number of cases on true MH patients at a hospital system I worked for; biopsy proven patients or biopsy proven in immediate family members (ran in particular ethnicities and fairly common in some large families that lived nearby). We had a dedicated MH OR.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
I have done an unusually high number of cases on true MH patients at a hosputal system I worked for; biopsy proven patients or biopsy proven in immediate family members (ran in particular ethnicities and fairly common in some large families that lived nearby). We had a dedicated MH OR.
Sounds like a distinction I would rather not have.

Reactions: 2 users
Only a few centers across the country offer it. MHAUS Home - MHAUS has all that info and a call in line to help you out.

I have done an unusually high number of cases on true MH patients at a hospital system I worked for; biopsy proven patients or biopsy proven in immediate family members (ran in particular ethnicities and fairly common in some large families that lived nearby). We had a dedicated MH OR.

Wow, thank you!

This is kind of an odd story - I see the patient for chronic post surgical pain issues. He has had multiple surgeries without incident, and this last one developed MH features (EtCO2 elevation, temp increase, muscle rigidity per his report) and dantrolene infusions were given followed by ICU stay. Neither parent has had MH during their surgeries. He was recommended to do outpatient testing but no instructions were given and I recalled it was kind of a hassle to get it done. I'm getting a copy of the anesthesia record but I'd like to help him as much as possible as I imagine his PCP will be out of their depth.