Met anyone off SDN?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikecwru

M.D. = Massive Debt
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've had a couple people come up to me at interviews and ask me if I was mikecwru. Which is kind of scary. True, I didn't pick the smartest of nicknames while logging in, but Jesus, I didn't think it would be that easy. Should have logged in as jerkoff234 or something like that.

Still, it shouldn't be a problem posting. I've posted opinions on programs without being inflammatory, and so should you. I've only been mean to the pre-meds in the premed forum.

Has anyone else met someone off this forum at an interview (that they didn't meet in person before)?

mike

Members don't see this ad.

The only person I've known about meeting was QuinnNSU at Jacksonville. If I met anyone else, I didn't know about it.

i met someone in nov at jacobi, can't remember her name!
and i promised to keep her secret!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've met people who say they follow the forums, but didn't get in depth enough to know if they post as well. Didn't want to volunteer anything....since I have posted a few things that were more inflammatory than I had at first thought they would be. I'd rather stay anonymous for another month or so.

Originally posted by mikecwru
Hi,

Should have logged in as jerkoff234 or something like that.

but just think how embarrassing it would have been if people had *still* guessed who you are! ;) just kidding of course - personally I wish I'de picked a different name as I chose this one rather tongue in cheek, but I'm a little reticent to tell people "hey, I'm the boy wonder" :laugh:

Yeah i met JPGreer at UFL in Jacksonville. Man I wish I had known she was so hot. You should put up your picture, JPG, although I think you look better in person. And those curves...

Actually I just got back from Ft. Lauderdale from Step II (DO students have a choice of like 19 cities to take it in)... and I had like 5 classmates come up to me and say "I saw you on SDN, I figured there was only one Quinn from NSU!." Great deductive skills, classmates. Of course they wouldn't tell me who they were but none of them peruse the EM forums as far as I know.

Originally posted by the boy wonder
but I'm a little reticent to tell people "hey, I'm the boy wonder" :laugh:

Yeah, that is slightly homoerotic.

mike